Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Entertainment Industry's BS Machine Pt 2: Perverts and Bigots Boogaloo

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    I think QT's Polanski comments are enough to put me off watching any of his movies again.
    That interview with Howard Stern did my head in.
    He didn't rape a 13 year old. That was statutory rape.

GQ released an interesting piece about Brendan Fraser today and in it he admits he was groped by Philip Berk, who was president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association at the time.

It's a fascinating, sad story. (But ultimately hopeful, because he's having a comeback.) Not only was there the groping, but there were bad physical problems and other things, and his career skidded for quite awhile. Absolutely worth a read.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

To say this is triggering is an understatement. But if you can stand watching it, please do. She lets herself express such vulnerability here; it is shockingly brave. This may save some lives.

Barack Hussein Obama

I wonder if the ex she's referring to is Marilyn Manson. (Yeah, remember that?)

^ This was exactly my thought. He had a meltdown on stage a week or so ago, probably wondering if the past is catching up with him.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It seems like she doesn’t want to name him, and that’s her call, but I think that’s what people will assume.

Barack Hussein Obama

There again, I don't think Rose McGowan's named him. Abusers tend to have a pattern, right?

Shit, I’d forgotten that. Rose dated him too! She’s been laying low recently, but maybe she’ll start stirring shit up again, with or without ERW.

Barack Hussein Obama

I don’t know who else ERW has dated but based on what she was describing, it totally seems like some shit Manson would pull.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    He was married to Dita von Teese. I don’t think she’s said anything about him, just that he left her for a younger woman (Evan).

ETA: I misread your comment. Evan was married to Jamie Bell. Doesn’t seem like him, but I don’t really know much about him.
    Last edited by lacuna; 03-01-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Let’s not forget that Twiggy Ramirez, Manson’s bassist, was also accused of a pretty brutal rape by his ex.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    What the everloving fuck?

Everyone's pissed at Snapchat, but it looks like it's an ad on the snapchat platform. It doesn't get them OUT of trouble, but just that there is blame to be spread to the impossible choices or whatever app that's being advertised.

Holy hell, what is wrong with people? You can't make ads about hitting people, and then have that person be a known DV victim?

What do you mean, Amber? What’s happening?

Oh.

The link goes to a letter by Time’s Up published at The Cut, which basically expands on Amber’s tweet. There have been rumblings about this for awhile; this is the woman who got Harvey on tape trying to push her around. Vance has also been criticized for not having had Harvey arrested yet. Apparently, Vance is not so good at remembering to prosecute the rich and powerful. Of course, campaign contributions make his memory even worse.

Come to think of it, there’s another rich, powerful, sexually abusive NYC asshole that he’s neglecting to do anything about. We’ll see what we can do about that, too.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Martina Navratilova says BBC paid her 10 times less than John McEnroe for Wimbledon commentary

That means McEnroe, who won the Wimbledon singles title three times in his career, was paid 10 times as much as Navratilova, who won the Wimbledon singles title nine times in her career. Awesome. To make matters worse, Navratilova told BBC Panorama that BBC executives told her directly that she was making a comparable amount to McEnroe, and she didn’t find out the truth until the yearly salaries of top BBC stars was revealed last year.
    I don't watch tennis so maybe he's a better analyst, but 10x better? If he's 10x better, then maybe not hire her at all? Find a woman who can offer a 10x value commentary?