Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Entertainment Industry's BS Machine Pt 2: Perverts and Bigots Boogaloo

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    There was a rape allegation against NDGT that came up but then I heard nothing more. Like Matthew Weiner. One story, then silence. Not that I don't believe women based on a single claim, but when you don't hear more you don't know if it was a credible accusation, like that smear job against Mueller and the day the fake incident took place he was on jury duty. But now there's more

Neil deGrasse Tyson Is Under Investigation for Sexual Misconduct

Deadline reports that the celebrity astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is under investigation by Fox and National Geographic for sexual misconduct. The investigation results from a report by journalist David McAfee in which two women allege inappropriate interactions with Tyson. Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, who is an Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, claims that Tyson allegedly groped her at an American Astronomical Society after-party in 2009. His former assistant, Ashley Watson, described a night where Tyson allegedly pressured her to join him at his apartment for wine, where she claims he then made several advances. Watson says she quit her job over the incident. These two allegations come a year after musician Tchiya Amet first accused Tyson of raping her when they were grad students.

^ I think the story originated in Vanity Fair? I looked around and the only other news page that I had heard of that was carrying it was the SF Chron, and they covered it in two short paragraphs. I don't disbelieve any of the accusers either, but nobody seems to have much info about it.

Tyson has responded. I think you should just read it all.

On Being Accused

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Just so we get all the info, here’s the article that gives more details from the accusers. It’s pretty uncomfortable and inappropriate behavior.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacr...al-misconduct/

And more on NDGT. The most damning thing to me is that there is corroboration (like Dr Ford with kavanaugh) that the women told people at the time. And it seems there was some "keep an eye on him around students" behavior from his colleagues. Ugh.

Nobody Believed Neil deGrasse Tyson's First Accuser. Now There Are Three More.

I'm trying to figure out whose outing as a creeper/more has disappointed me most. Cosby's probably the sickest fuck... or maybe tied with that Epstein guy. That's for sheer grossness and quantity for both of them, but I wasn't a fan of them, so their downfalls wasn't like a gut punch. NDGT is very sad because I looked up to him a lot. I watched his shows, read his books, followed him online. But I'm not ANGRY at him like I get when I see Mel Gibson ("just" a racist, anti-semitic wife-beater, not a rapist as far as I know).