Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Entertainment Industry's BS Machine Pt 2: Perverts and Bigots Boogaloo

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^Yes, I'm pretty sure some of that stuff was written in Marilyn Manson's book which coincidentally was a big part of what caused that falling out. The 80s/90s were just really gross when it came to this type of behavior.

T’were ever thus. I’ll bet that Mozart fucked underage groupies.

What a horrible (yet very well told) story. I hope that Maynard can be dealt some form of justice.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by fluteoftheloon View Post
    Didn't Trent Reznor do really degrading shit to groupies to amuse himself and his friends? Eating cheerios out of a dog bowl on all fours, coffee enemas or something. Ogre from Skinny Puppy stopped being friends with him over that, iirc.
    When I had the flu with complications in December of last year, I spent a lot of time in bed and on my computer! The next thing I know I was watching When Metal Ruled: 80s Glam. (VHL) The show was made in 2003. All of the band members were BOOSTING and LAUGHING about the raunchy things they'd do. The one that sticks out to me the most was was some glam metal dude would take a woman back to the trailer and have sex with her. Everything fine there, connecting adults and all. BUT, turns out, that the rock-dude would put the sex on CCTV so friends and band members could watch...WITHOUT the consent of the woman. They guy that was telling that story was laughing, etc. And all I could thing of was OH HELL NO! Yeah, I heard all the other shit from other bands/glam stars, but it was always billed as consensual.

Here, I found it

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I don't give a shit about GOTG so when I say I'm not sure (yet) if this is deserved, it doesn't come from a fangirl place. I don't know what he's alleged to have said. But like... if he said it prior to like... YESTERDAY... shouldn't that have prevented them from hiring him in the first place?

And while I do think jokes can go too far, they are jokes (giving him benefit of the doubt conditionally)... and shouldn't Disney be more concerned about the creepy dudes who are allegedly committing crimes against their child stars, past and present?

And he's been really vocal criticizing Trump lately. Since a bunch of other CEOs went and kissed the ring this week in a super creepy display of non-Democracy, I wonder if there's political pressure?

Plus I'll be first with torches and pitchforks if it is way over the line. Just a little side eye right now.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Here’s some examples, sorry it’s from an alt right fuck, it’s what I could find

They’re very obviously jokes albeit tasteless. The number of them is a bit concerning to me. He really had a thing about making jokes about child rape. It is worth pointing out that some of these were for the game show @midnight

I don’t know. I’m tired of being outraged by everything. He made a decent apology. And it was a Trumper that decided to dig back into the past to cause a scene. I doubt that person really gives a fuck about sexual assault.

Sorry I don’t know how to embed tweets properly
    Last edited by lacuna; 07-20-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    Here’s some examples, sorry it’s from an alt right fuck, it’s what I could find

They’re very obviously jokes albeit tasteless. The number of them is a bit concerning to me. He really had a thing about making jokes about child rape. It is worth pointing out that some of these were for the game show @midnight

I don’t know. I’m tired of being outraged by everything. He made a decent apology. And it was a Trumper that decided to dig back into the past to cause a scene. I doubt that person really gives a fuck about sexual assault.

Sorry I don’t know how to embed tweets properly
    You just have to take out the "mobile." part for embedding. It works when you click on it, it just doesn't show up otherwise.

Some of those aren't really that bad. I mean, some of them ARE, but some of them weren't pedo. Just jokes about kids. Hmm. I'm not convinced either way. I too am tired.

Mike Ceranovich tied to Gamergate:

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Mike Cernovich (his name is spelled wrong above) is a troll who explained his "gorilla mindset" during GamerGate which includes such gems as feeding women your "super serum" (cum) to make them crazy addicted to you, and the explanation that you can't rape women because they love it too much. He's gone back and scrubbed those tweets from his account because now he's pretending he's a serious "journalist," but really all he and Jack Posobiec do is trawl through the Twitter and Facebook accounts of prominent liberals and Democrats hoping to find some small thing to nail them on, then amplify that out to their bot army so it trends. They were pushing for the removal of Al Franken (though they've been silent on Jim Jordan), the Maxine Waters drama, PizzaGate, GamerGate, and tons more. All they do is attempt smear campaigns against people on the other side of the political aisle, justified or not, because they're pissed they've been called out for being alt-right trolls.

Also, Cernovich is super obsessed with child rape. Like, he accuses everyone of being a pedophile. He's one of the first to heavily push that narrative that Tony Podesta and Hillary Clinton were raping and eating children in the basement of the pizza restaurant.

So yeah, block them both and don't even link them here. They're both horseshit.

What Ryan said. And the other clue that this is right wing bullshit is "#WalkAway". For those who don't know about it. #Walkaway is a supposed trend of Democrats walking away from the Democratic Party because it's "too extreme". Sound familiar? I'm sure that this is a direct response to NeverTrump Republicans; the right wing response of slamming the other side for the thing they're guilty of is well established. (I think it's a Karl Rove thing.) So yeah, it's bullshit. Those jokes are gross, but they're words, not actions. An apology should have been fine. Gunn has been hosed. But my guess is that Gunn is gonna do a Franken and not fight this. He can go off and do other things, and he has more money than God. So he's OK. But it's still galling.

I think what I'm trying to say is that Posobiec and Cernovich should be strapped to a rocket and shot into the sun.

Barack Hussein Obama

Man, I said some fuckin' horrible stuff on the Forumz 2001-2010, and I'm not that person anymore. People fuck up, and have the chance to change and make good, or continue to be a toxic shit.

It's a shame that Gunn's been yanked from Guardians over this; it's the only passion project, I think, in the MCU, and is basically about survivors of abuse coming together and forming their own family. He personally curates the soundtracks, too, which is an integral component of the movies. So yeah, I'm a little sad because I can't see how the final installment will work without him. Genuinely, though, I think he's a guy who used to be a cocky asshole online and has made the effort to be better since, so this feels like a disproportionate response.

I'm so sick of their "but pedos are bad and liberals like diddling kids" when they ignore actual creepers on the right and the liberals are almost always just making jokes. It's so intellectually dishonest and hypocritical and they think they're nailed you in this GOTCHA moment. I don't believe the Cernoviches and the Probiotics sincerely believe a word they say, but it does resonate with the kind of moron who brings a gun to a pizza place looking for the basement like PeeWee looking for his bike at the Alamo.

Anyway, they're coming for Michael Ian Black now, who, to the best of my knowledge, just does a podcast and Another Period right now. No big Marvel franchise to tank.

eta: I forgot to add that while there's no Marvel franchise to tank, MIB has been SUPER confrontational about the NRA and Dana in particular. He tweets weekly, if not daily, that the NRA is a terrorist organization. And allegedly there are reddit/4chan lists of whom to target next.
    Last edited by Regina Phalange; 07-21-2018 at 02:36 PM.

People need to start suing Cernovich when he says that they’re pedophiles.

Barack Hussein Obama

This one sucks

‘Black-ish’ Star Anthony Anderson Under Criminal Investigation for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman

Anthony Anderson is currently under criminal investigation for allegedly assaulting a woman after she catered an event thrown by the actor, but Anderson strongly denies the allegation.

Sources familiar with the situation tell us the alleged victim walked into the Hollywood Division of LAPD earlier this year and filed a police report with the department. We are told the incident happened over a year ago after she met the actor while working at an event he threw.

It’s not the first time the star has been facing serious accusations. In 2004, an extra on set of the Oscar-winning movie “Hustle & Flow” accused Anderson and an assistant director of raping her in a trailer on the Memphis set.

The case was later dropped after the woman’s testimony did not produce probable cause to warrant the charges standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    Man, I said some fuckin' horrible stuff on the Forumz 2001-2010, and I'm not that person anymore. People fuck up, and have the chance to change and make good, or continue to be a toxic shit.
    Genuinely, though, I think he's a guy who used to be a cocky asshole online and has made the effort to be better since, so this feels like a disproportionate response.
    Well, this is pretty much me, so yeah....I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

And while I do think jokes can go too far, they are jokes (giving him benefit of the doubt conditionally)... and shouldn't Disney be more concerned about the creepy dudes who are allegedly committing crimes against their child stars, past and present?
    There might be something going on that we're not officially aware of with Gunn and Disney. They might be just using the whole tweet thing as an excuse. I'm starting to think that's the case. It's not that Disney can't change (and they/ABC made the right decision with Roseanne who targeted specific people) but they're usually blind to stuff

Bobcat works very blue when he's not on NPR or Hercules.