Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan

The whole world of YouTube "personalities" has always felt a bit foreign to me, but I like this song

^ i like that one but for me it's all about My My My. my favorite song released so far this year.

i never had listened to his stuff before but really excited for this album.

Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 06-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Troye has definitely risen above the YouTube herd, similar to how Ariana's talent made her shine brighter than her Disney peers. I'm loving both new songs, and still revisit his debut. He's the most promising male pop start to emerge in as long as I can remember.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    The whole world of YouTube "personalities" has always felt a bit foreign to me, but I like this song

Just one listen and I am in love with the song. Thanks for posting!!
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    it's all about My My My. my favorite song released so far this year.
    yes, mine too !

Blue Neighbourhood is one of my favourite albums. So many great memorable songs: Fools, Lost Boy, Talk Me Down, Heaven... (basically all of them).

My My My live on SNL

I was totally coming in to see if there was a Troye thread. I never paid much attention to him with his debut ( I had no idea he was a YouTube guy until just now) and just assumed he was a throwaway pop artist ( I loved the debut’s album cover, though). But as I was trying to watch SNL Saturday , I woke up to him doing “The Good Side” and thought I had to remember to check it out when I woke up. I’ve been obsessed with that song since Sunday and now I can’t wait for the album as I’m now obsessed with “My,My,My” as well.

I can’t help but love that he’s a young, openly gay artist making GREAT MUSIC PERIOD. “My, My, My” and “The Good Side” couldn’t be any more different and I love that. There’s also really something to his on stage persona wherein he unapologetically embraces his sexuality with an amazing amount of confidence and bravado that reminds me of Madonna. And I guess if that doesn’t prove to be an apt comparison, I still haven’t seen a young gay artist reflect the new freedom and confidence the younger generation has as gay individuals like he is doing . I’m loving it. And I know that my younger self would’ve found it to be exhilarating. So yeah. Go, Troye and congrats to all the kids for getting to be fans. I think he’ll make a big difference in some kids’ lives. Who knows? He could have a major impact on the world!

ETA: we’re how many years out from Lambert’s debut? He was trying, I think, to do what Troye is now, but the world just wasn’t ready and that still hurts me because he is such an amazing talent. An overly “gay” performance by a gay man shouldn’t have damaged a career back then. It was ridiculous. I know he’s done well ( and holy shit he gets to sing for Queen) but Adam had a much higher ceiling he could’ve reached had it not been for the homophobia years ago. I REALLY hope Troye doesn’t run into that problem. I don’t think he will.
    Last edited by Adam; 01-26-2018 at 03:47 AM.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I can’t help but love that he’s a young, openly gay artist making GREAT MUSIC PERIOD.
    couldn't agree more @Adam.

do we know anything about when the full album is coming out yet?

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    God, Glambert is an underrated pop artist. Trespassing is front-to-back bangers and one of my favorite albums of the decade. There's not a bad track on it, but he got so hampered by the reaction to his being openly gay and a bit of misdirection in terms of what he wanted to sound like and what the studio was pushing.

Anyway, "The Good Side" is fabulous. Looking forward to Troye's album.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    God, Glambert is an underrated pop artist. Trespassing is front-to-back bangers and one of my favorite albums of the decade. There's not a bad track on it, but he got so hampered by the reaction to his being openly gay and a bit of misdirection in terms of what he wanted to sound like and what the studio was pushing.

Anyway, "The Good Side" is fabulous. Looking forward to Troye's album.
    Agreed. It’s horrible what happened to him. I love all of his stuff. Yeah there’s fluff like most pop albums ( well, almost all albums really) but there’s always a couple tracks on a Lambert album that are AMAZING. See “Broken Open” from his debut. Sooo good.
    Last edited by Adam; 01-28-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Have you heard his Glam Nation version of Sleepwalker? It's a moment of sheer musical brilliance, let me tell you. THOSE PIPES.

No! Gonna go listen now! Thanks!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    We're talking about how the record company did Adam Lambert in with their production choices and the way they branded him?

I feel like American Idol did that with everyone but Carrie Underwood.
    Even Jordan Sparks had major complaints about the direction she wanted to go versus the way it went. And she won the damn thing. And we don't even have to bring Kelly Clarkson up.
    What is AI's label? RCA?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I took a listen to a Troye Sivan mix on Spotify the last few mornings because I'd started seeing his name a lot, and I'm into it! Youth, The Good Side, and My My My are my faves, but I also really like Paper Cut, which he did with Zedd.

"See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Wow, I just saw his performance on SNL - that version of "The Good Side" was incredible. He really is a star on the rise. I was blown away.