Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Tori go next?

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Only if she brings back Steve Caton.
    This has my attention....
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

It would be nice if she announced a band tour to co-incide with the anniversary re-issue. Do we get the sense she herself is ready for the support of a band again? Solo tours seem to really take it out of her. Though we'd have to be prepared for the possibility that she wouldn't do a 22-23 song set with the band like the band tours of the 00s.

Yes she made some comment while promoting NI, that she wouldn't be able to keep going solo for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Yes she made some comment while promoting NI, that she wouldn't be able to keep going solo for much longer.
    Really? Why is that? How is touring solo different from touring with a band? Isn’t she still singing the same parts and playing mostly the same melodies?

I don't know. Why don't you ask her the next time you interview her?

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Plus if she tours with a band again she can properly play Native Invader live. It needs to happen!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Didn't Tori say that when she is solo she has to do a lot more to keep the audience's attention? It takes a lot for her. When she is with a band - or the NOH quartet - she has time to breath and collect her bearings during the songs while the band jams.

There is an interview from 2017 I think where she mentions this and that is part of the reason why she did the Casio / backing track songs in 2014 and 2017. Not sure the specific interview though...
    Robbing the muse...

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    She did say exactly that. I remember her saying back in the choirgirl days "I can't just go off half cocked on my own and make up 20 bars, because I can't breath." I have no idea how that quite is stuck in my head.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    If this is true then please bring back the boys, hell bring Mark on stage if it helps. I don't wanna see Tori struggle to engage the audience with lame loops and mashups, or props and dramatic hand gestures... you feel me?

Tori tour 2025: balloon animal intermission & tap dancing encore. "I gotta change it up, y'know?" Says Tori.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 03-06-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    If this is true then please bring back the boys, hell bring Mark on stage if it helps. I don't wanna see Tori struggle to engage the audience with lame loops and mashups, or props and dramatic hand gestures... you feel me?

Tori tour 2025: balloon animal intermission & tap dancing encore. "I gotta change it up, y'know?" Says Tori.
    Fuck no!

I think it would be cool if Tori released an interesting Limited Edition version of the next studio album. Maybe a second disc with raw / demo versions of the songs that are on the album...
    Robbing the muse...

The more I think about this, the more I realize that she's probably going to produce an album for Tash.

Tash is apparently going in that direction, and we all know Tori wants to protect her from the music industry.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I don't expect Tori's way of working to change at this point. I think it's her and the Hawley Family Band (Mark and Tash) from here on out. And if that's what makes her happy and creatively fulfilled, more power to her.

Yeah, I mean, I've given up hoping that she'll suddenly decide to change things up and work with an outside producer like Guy Sigsworth or something like that, even though I desperately wish that she would. If it ever happens, cool, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up every single album and get disappointed/frustrated all over again. It is what it is. I'm sure there will always be new songs that I connect with (I really did enjoy most of Native Invader).
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I want more witchy songs. She is best when she gets witchy. NI had a lot of witch.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.