Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will Tori go next?

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I love how PJ Harvey and Sufjan Stevens have been putting out individual songs, unmoored from proper studio albums, for the last couple of years. It helps that I really like the songs themselves. I think this could be an interesting approach for Tori.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    I want more witchy songs. She is best when she gets witchy. NI had a lot of witch.
    Agreed. Witchy and electronica
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Sometimes I think NI was "I'll do this last one and grow me some wine"
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I wouldn't be surprised if Tori will take some time off to be with her mother and the rest of her family. They all seem to be very close. There are rumors, though, that she'll do some random festivals this summer. I hope it's true, but we cannot blame her if she won't tour this year. It's weird though: the 'Native Invader' era seemed so short to me.

Musically, I have no idea where Tori will go next. I'm hoping she'll bring the band back (especially during her concerts), whether that's Jon and Matt or some new people. And it wouldn't hurt to hire a producer. Not because she's a bad one, but to get some fresh perspective on some of her songs. Though if she decides to continue doing it all by herself (with help of Mark and Marcel), that's fine for me - 'Native Invader' turned out quite good.

So there was that recent tech article with Mark mentioning that they record all the live shows...

I think Tori needs to release a double CD live release - maybe all covers - and take some time before the next record.

2005 Purple Rain from Paris is beyond unbelievable and needs to be heard:

Britney - Baby One More Time

She has so many live treasures that should be released in good quality audio via Mark Hawley - Husband!
    Robbing the muse...

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Sometimes I think NI was "I'll do this last one and grow me some wine"
    I think that sometimes, too, and personally I feel like I'd be totally okay with that. No question - I will always buy her new records and catch her latest tour, but her career and her catalog are already incredibly full. Native Invader would be a really great record to go out with.

I think I'd prefer to see her do another musical, a ballet score, a movie score, something along those lines. The Light Princess is not entirely perfect to me -- but it's certainly got a lot going for it. I'd love to see what else she might come up with.

I feel like Tori is more someone to go out with a bang. If she were to do a final tour - we would know (she would tell us) and it would be incredible. Tori would pass out or have a heart attack on stage - she would give all she has. The woman is beyond human. She has many more great albums and tours in her I think (IMO)
    Robbing the muse...

I would love some live 98 and 99 shows. Especially that solo London show from 99. I want soundboard quality of that Professional Widow and Juarez.
    | don't be afraid ||- we're just waking up -|| and I hear help is on the way |

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I feel like Tori is more someone to go out with a bang. If she were to do a final tour - we would know (she would tell us) and it would be incredible. Tori would pass out or have a heart attack on stage - she would give all she has. The woman is beyond human. She has many more great albums and tours in her I think (IMO)
    she cares way too much about her fans to not let everyone know its her last time round, if she can possibly help it. and, I agree, I think she'll go until she can't do it anymore. I remember her saying during the adp tour in 07 that I "can't do this forever" and everyone thought she was on her way out then.....

And I always think of that quote from Sunny Florida:'This is my real life!'

i saw rickie lee jones a few weeks ago in a small venue, with a kickass guitarist percussionist, playing songs from her whole career, and she was great. it kind of got me excited about the idea of going to see tori in 10 or 20 years time, playing smaller venues and still being a great live act, and what that might look like.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    she cares way too much about her fans to not let everyone know its her last time round, if she can possibly help it. and, I agree, I think she'll go until she can't do it anymore. I remember her saying during the adp tour in 07 that I "can't do this forever" and everyone thought she was on her way out then.....
    At the end of the 2015 summer tour in Germany she said something along the lines of "Im not going anywhere anytime soon".

Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter View Post
    She said even worse than that in 2007 - she said you have to know when the sun is setting, and it's now. She said tons to make people believe she was finishing touring and cutting back on everything. She scared us all to death.... then admitted a few years later it was done (and it worked!) to trick Epic into letting her out of her contract early (or some kind of thing like that), she was desperate to leave, and had to look like she wouldn't be making them any money if she stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    She said even worse than that in 2007 - she said you have to know when the sun is setting, and it's now. She said tons to make people believe she was finishing touring and cutting back on everything. She scared us all to death.... then admitted a few years later it was done (and it worked!) to trick Epic into letting her out of her contract early (or some kind of thing like that), she was desperate to leave, and had to look like she wouldn't be making them any money if she stayed.
    Really?!?! I had no idea.

I do recall the "sun is setting" and "I am an old wine" type comments all had us depressed back then.
    Robbing the muse...

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    It's crazy the lengths people have to go to to get out of contracts. Amanda Palmer wrote about it in her book where she met a rep from the label and just cried and bawled about how all she wanted was a baby and she couldn't keep doing this anymore. She begs the guy not to tell anyone and a week later she was dropped. It really is a game of chess.