Thread: What are your favorite moments from each NI song?

What are your favorite moments from each NI song?

Thought this would be fun...
    What are your favorite lines and/or sonic moments from each song on NI?
    And what is your favorite line/moment from the entire album?
    I don't have my list yet, but would love to hear others while I compile mine....
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Favorite moment from the entire album: the elements part of Bang
    -time moves both ways-

Partial list:

RK: "You the roof of the waves". And that part when the hurdy gurdy gets all intense.

Wings: The synth as she sings "Never meant to hurt you".

Broken Arrow: Have we lost her?.... When I first heard that line, I knew this album was going to be stellar.

Cloud Riders: I love the vocals on "You say baby we're too late, from the Cloud Rider's no escape" but my favorite lyric is "Once I could hear them singing."

Climb: "All of me wants to believe..." *SOBS*

Wildwood: "Behind the birches whirl the bongo boys in their summoning..." *GOOSEBUMPS*

So many phenomenal moments on this album.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post

Wildwood: "Behind the birches whirl the bongo boys in their summoning..." *GOOSEBUMPS*

Fvorite moment from Wildwood: Then reports from the robins form in in you an inner radiance. It's as if they're fused with a spirit you knew that's come back again." The best! I love that lyric so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post

I keep getting that line from Climb in my head. One of my favorite parts of the album.

I have been meaning to do this for a while since I adore this album.

Reindeer King
    - The strings and hurry gurdy. John Phillip Shenale did an amazing job on this track and Mary's Eyes. I love the tension and brooding sound they give with Tori's loud piano starting off the two verses.
    - The way she sings "rein - - deer - - - king". Absolutely haunting and wonderful.
    - "Crystal core / crystalline" lyrics.
    - The entire bridge is one of my favourite Tori moments ever... especially "all the way, to the moons of jupiter, with you...." and the way that "you" builds into the next set of "you"s and the refrain again. Incredibly moving to me.
    - This is my favourite Tori song in forever. Up there in my top 10 Tori songs ever - which I never thought could ever happen again.

Wings
    - The groovy bass heavy synth throughout. Particularly during "Never meant to hurt you" as John's Face mentioned earlier.
    - Delivery of "Hurt you, hurt me, never meant to hurt you", "From your demanding dark angel and me" and "Is it too late to make myself a safe place".

Broken Arrow
    - Those dark, piercing electronic flourishes at 0:15, 0:18, 0:28, 0:41, 0:45 which continue throughout the song. They kind of vary in intensity throughout which I like - it is not always the same reused sample.
    - "she may be weak..." The entire bridge is breathtakingly beautiful. Particularly the delivery of "sacred badlands" gets me in the feels.

Cloud Riders
    - The organ is incredible. Particularly the playful thing she does just after "Or from the guitar preachers" at 0:50... that organ riff seems to mirror or respond to Mark's guitar riff thing at 0:40 just before.
    - The delivery of "The secrets of trees, once I could hear them singing", "you shout run for cover...", and the way she sings "Cloud riders".
    - Her vocals in this song are amazing throughout.

Will continue with the rest of the album later!
    Robbing the muse...