Thread: What have you rediscovered?

What have you rediscovered?

What Tori albums/songs/videos/etc. have you rediscovered lately?

This morning I was painting and put on the whole LE album. I couldn't believe how fresh it's felt after some time away. Even "China" sounded newly inspiring.

So i download lots of recordings of the shows and recently ive stumbled on to the Boston 2009 boot. The audio is really clear and I don't remember a show with such energy. (It is the show where she walked out as Santa for the Encore) Talula and Space Dog blew me away in particular.
    I haven't heard a good recording of a AATS show in its entirety yet, so maybe thats why I was so surprised, since Ive heard people on here regard 2009 as one of her worst tours.

Also, the Beekeeper was an album which ive stopped listening to since... well the first time ive heard it But i decided to give it a go for the first time in a few years and I was so pleased. Barons of Suburbia and Goodbye Pisces were the most shocking to me.

I put on Talula the other day and it blew me away. I think I often skip it cause of the intro, or because it is later in the album and I want to speed along to Putting the Damage On. But Talula is an incredible and bad ass song.

Also played Lust really loud on good speakers in my car and I was taken away to another galaxy.

I find that often hearing Tori songs in different settings than your living room or bedroom where you often listen to Tori will open songs up in a different way.
    Robbing the muse...

Another is Baker Baker. I think it is breathtakingly beautiful and among her best. She has so many bests I guess... but I think I sometimes forget about this one.
    Robbing the muse...

Hey Jupiter EP

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    Hey Jupiter EP
    I've been into the Dakota version lately. It pairs well with "Daniel" by Bat for Lashes.

All versions of "hey Jupiter" have been up there for me. Mostly I can't get over that one song can have so many stunning arrangements.