Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I'm confused. Are Be Kind To My Mistakes, Under the Ivy, and Experiment IV b-sides?!
    Yep. Well, in the sense that they were not on proper albums and were considered b-sides on the This Woman’s Work boxset.

Experiment IV was a new song on The Whole Story compilation and was released as a single to promote it, sort of like Angels/Snow Cherries on TOAL.

Be Kind To My Mistakes was written for the soundtrack to the 1987 film Castaway and was then released on the This Woman’s Work boxset. Fun fact — there are supposedly 3 versions: the original film version, a 7” mix from the single, and a remixed version that made it onto the boxset. I’ve only ever heard that version I think.

Under the Ivy was the b-side to Running Up That Hill.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Thanks Ryan. That's really interesting to me - I have always thought Be Kind and Ivy were HOL tracks, and assumed Experiment IV was culled from a prior album, like the rest of the songs on TWS. Who knew! Coincidentally, those are three of my favorite KB songs.

I’ve always associated Be Kind to My Mistakes, Under the Ivy, My Lagan Love, and Burning Bridge with HOL because they were tacked on as bonus tracks to the EMI Centenary re-release of HOL in 1997. That was the version I bought.

Burning Bridge and My Lagan Love were originally the b-sides to Cloudbusting.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Ahhh that must be it. I can't imagine HOL without Be Kind and Ivy!

There's more missing than I first thought - no 12" mixes from The Red Shoes, no instrumental versions, and of course nothing from the first live shows. I might get a couple of the individual albums if people think the sound is greatly improved but I'm going to pass on the box sets.

Assuming this has been intensive work for Kate it's a safe bet we won't be getting any new music for a long time, if at all. She seemed so enthused and full of ideas after 50 Words For Snow - I wonder what happened to make all that evaporate? For all the work that went into the live shows, and as great as they were, she has been finding ways to revisit her back catalogue for a long time now, with only one truly new album in thirteen years. I know she says she gets fed up being stuck in a studio but presumably that's exactly where she's been for the past four years, overseeing the mixes for these and Before The Dawn.

Can we create a new topic about the ramasters?

Do you think Humming is actually the demo version of Maybe, of which a snippet was played on a radio show in the late 70's?

Not getting my hopes up on this remasters. I bet Kate is doing The Dreaming even muddier and lower just to have a laugh at us.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    The albums will be sold separately in case someone just wants to complete their collection. Except for the rarities; those will remain a boxset.

BKTMM Castaway soundtrack version

Some extended instrumental parts, kinda drags a bit tbh. The remix is better imo.

ETA: Ryan asked about this but then moved all the posts to another thread while I was typing

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
    Assuming this has been intensive work for Kate it's a safe bet we won't be getting any new music for a long time, if at all. She seemed so enthused and full of ideas after 50 Words For Snow - I wonder what happened to make all that evaporate? For all the work that went into the live shows, and as great as they were, she has been finding ways to revisit her back catalogue for a long time now, with only one truly new album in thirteen years. I know she says she gets fed up being stuck in a studio but presumably that's exactly where she's been for the past four years, overseeing the mixes for these and Before The Dawn.
    Well 50 Words came out the same year as Director's Cut...maybe we are lucky a second time and something new is already in the making, besides preserving and updating her back catalogue.
    I hope so....

I think this is just part of a three-part initiative on Kate's part. First the lyric book, now the re-masters, and then a new musical work..maybe something she's been working on since 2011. And I'm not upset that she hasn't compiled EVERY SINGLE RARITY since 1978. I'll just be happy to listen to Lionheart in its cleaned up aural glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    According to the Super Deluxe Edition website, all the studio albums will also be released separately, but not the four bonus discs.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...s-of-box-sets/
    Thank you for that information! I am more of a casual fan. I have The Sensual World and Hounds of Love on vinyl--I've had the thought that there are a few more of her albums I'd like to pick up, but her albums are hard to find on vinyl. I don't think I'd spring for a while box set, so I'm so glad they'll be releasing them separately.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    They are up on the US Amazon store! Yay!

Looks like it may be less $ to order from Amazon in Canada.