Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm damned if The Sensual World doesn't sound even QUIETER than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but I'm damned if The Sensual World doesn't sound even QUIETER than before.
    Yep. And I actually feel that way about Aerial too. I listened to both my original rip from 2005 and the new remaster in my car with a Bose sound system, and the drums are not as prominent on the remaster. Sorely disappointed when they kicked in on Aerial (the song) and the whole thing felt like it actually went quieter than the first part of the song without the drums.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Hmm, I didn't notice the quietness while listening today but am happy at how the remaster on this particular album makes the whole thing sound less 1989 and more modern. The title track is particularly stunning.

What about Flower of The Mountain?? Director’s Cut is an unexpected revelation, I honestly enjoy every track now with this mix. The difference in drums and vocals is noticeable even on my car speakers. So why couldn’t they get it right the first time?!

Maybe they had this planned all along. An album released in 2011 shouldn't need a remaster. Probalby she's saving a remastered Before the Dawn for a future blu-ray+cd+multiple vinyls combo including a book and The Red Shoes in 5.1 which will cost £600 and will be the only way to watch the live show. Oh and there will be a Before the Dawn Pop-Up Transplant Center where people can donate their kidneys to get the box set and exclusive items like Rolf Harris' voodoo doll.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshMownGrass View Post
    Maybe they had this planned all along. An album released in 2011 shouldn't need a remaster. Probalby she's saving a remastered Before the Dawn for a future blu-ray+cd+multiple vinyls combo including a book and The Red Shoes in 5.1 which will cost £600 and will be the only way to watch the live show. Oh and there will be a Before the Dawn Pop-Up Transplant Center where people can donate their kidneys to get the box set and exclusive items like Rolf Harris' voodoo doll.
    I think I'm in love with you.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
    It doesn't sound strikingly different to me, but maybe they did do a slight remix since they were going into it to add Bertie's vocal? The emphasis on the percussion is maybe a little different - less emphasis on the tom toms? I don't think they've removed or added anything, other than Rolf - just shifted it around slightly?
    I think you're right. It's like the song has less "air", so to speak? Also I was very used to listen to the BTD version, which kind of replaced the original Sky of Honey for me, and I immediately thought something was off with the new remaster, probably influenced by the different intro.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    I think I'm in love with you.
    Hahahahaha.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I only bought the set with the bsides, because I needed to prioritise. But it just arrived today and the actual vinyl is beautifully packaged as ever. Can't wait for the weekend when I can open some wine and enjoy the whole set.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Anyone know if this will ever be available to stream? I use Google Play and I have the files of the remasters but when I upload it to my library in Google Play it just replaces it with the standard version that Google Play already has no matter what I do.
    wearing the shoe 'til it fits; then I'm calling it quits

I don't expect to ever be able to hear the bits of this I actually want to hear. At least for me, US iTunes still only has part 1 and individual remasters up to HoL. They did put the remastered directors cut in the iTunes store which is great because directors cut was ommited entirely from the apple store before that. I just wanna hear The Red Shoes and the Bsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    What about Flower of The Mountain?? Director’s Cut is an unexpected revelation, I honestly enjoy every track now with this mix. The difference in drums and vocals is noticeable even on my car speakers. So why couldn’t they get it right the first time?!
    Yeah, it is much improved. The only track I still don't think works is And So Is Love because "Life is sweet" simply doesn't match the mood of the music. Weirdly, I see the lyrics book, where the change would work, goes back to "Life is sad."
    There really is no understanding her!

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post
    Anyone know if this will ever be available to stream? I use Google Play and I have the files of the remasters but when I upload it to my library in Google Play it just replaces it with the standard version that Google Play already has no matter what I do.
    NOOO this is bad news for me! I was going to make my own MP3's and upload them to google play. I've never encountered this switcheroo before though. I have several of my own versions in my library of various albums.

Yeah, it is much improved. The only track I still don't think works is And So Is Love because "Life is sweet" simply doesn't match the mood of the music. Weirdly, I see the lyrics book, where the change would work, goes back to "Life is sad."
    There really is no understanding her!
    I actually think "life is sad/life is sweet" both take on the same meaning, one from the perspective of someone realizing how painful life can be, the other from someone who has already gone through grief. BUT, I prefer the original lyric because that's what I'm used to, and it still kind of feels like "sweet" is sugarcoating a raw, poignant message. (ETA: indeed not matching the mood of the music, like you say)

I also don't care for the pared-down sound of DC, while still leaving the guitar. I would preferred more percussion and less guitar.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 12-11-2018 at 11:35 AM.

On the other hand, she has just announced this - http://katebush.com/news/fish-people...remastered-pop
    Did you guys see that some of the merch is available online? I got the Never For Ever mug. But they were out of that cute little xmas ornament with the illustration from December Will be Magic Again on it.

Still, I think it's great that she's made this stuff available to her fans. I'm ridiculously happy with my mug.

I was so worried when I heard that the Aerial changes were taken directly from BTD but it honestly doesn't jar with me at all. It's such a relief to have the album back without my brain thinking SEX OFFENDER every time.