Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but I'm damned if The Sensual World doesn't sound even QUIETER than before.
    Why does she do this to us?

All I want in life is to blast "Love & Anger" as loud and as deep as I can on my iPod and dance around the street whilst I'm walking to work. Is that too much to ask?
    ~just an underwater thing~

Does anyone know if the individually released remastered vinyl albums are limited edition?

Looking at Amazon, some albums are available and have the "more on the way" tag. Other albums (such as The Red Shoes and Aerial) appear to be sold out and there is no "more coming" notification.

I only ask because I am considering buying Aerial. I have three of her albums on vinyl already (Hounds, Sensual World, Red Shoes). I'm not a Kate diehard, so I don't feel the need to have everything. I remember hearing Aerial when it was released and being rather indifferent to it. That said, I have gotten more into Kate recently and am thinking of just getting a copy of Aerial now if it's limited edition and copies are just going to get more expensive and harder to find. If it's not limited edition, I might wait a bit so I can recover a bit financially from the holidays!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I have no idea- but the whole thing is a mess. I've seen The Kick Inside and Hounds of Love in stores in the U.S. Nothing else except for the box sets they came from. I talked to people that worked at 2 different record stores and they had no release information on the individual vinyls. I ended up buying The Sensual World from a UK store through Amazon. It is really frustrating being a U.S. Kate Bush fan!

That said, I would imagine that these individual remasters are not limited edition. But you never know with Kate.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    They could be limited releases in the sense that they won't sell so much that they get continuously reprinted on vinyl after the flush of marketing around the re-releases subsides. I would think Aeriel might be at risk for that. Like I don't think Rhino is releasing additional copies of the Tori remasters on vinyl, for example.

You Want Alchemy is a bloody lovely song isn't it? The remaster, without the previousness shrillness, has really revealed its beauty. I love the wild vocals towards the end. And it sets up the whole of A Sky Of Honey twelve years early, with its "lovely afternoon" setting. I'm guessing Kate is pleased with it since she included the lyrics in her book.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I just wish it were streaming. It's bloody 2019.

Does anyone know where one might be able to find actual scans of the Remastered box set CD covers? The vinyl covers are in high res quality on Rhino's site. but I'm actually looking for the CD ones which are more rectangular. Discogs is usually great, but some of what was posted for the second set maybe looks like scans of other editions (and definitely not in the correct nor any consistent aspect ratio).