Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

I think everything from Aerial on is too quiet. Maybe it’s because my hearing is going, or maybe it’s because I enjoy listening to music loud, but they’re so much quieter than albums by other artists. Sensual World is bad too.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I don't mind a volume discrepancy, that's a simple fix... but when it's all muddy and bass-heavy like BTD and DC, that's what I hate.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    y

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS??? I think it sucks tbh. It doesn't even sound remastered, I swear it's just the original album with the itunes "bass boost" preset.
    No, I can hear a real difference there. I'm not techy so I don't know how to describe it but there's definitely more definition to the individual instruments and a fuller sound. There are also editing differences - Big Stripey Lie fades out instead of reaching a definite conclusion and the BVs continue through the verses of Eat The Music - which I hope are corrected for the new version as they weren't improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    y
    Here, however, I'm struggling to judge because I'm not comparing like for like. YouTube videos never sound like the CDs anyway!

The video says “digital,” so yay!

Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS??? I think it sucks tbh. It doesn't even sound remastered, I swear it's just the original album with the itunes "bass boost" preset.

The 2010 vinyl remasters on the other hand.... ooh, I was so lucky to find lossless digital copies of those. The Sensual Word is a revelation, especially Love & Anger and Heads We're Dancing.
    I quite like the 2011 remaster of TRS, there are some changes here and there and I believe Eat the Music is a different mix because you can hear the instruments more clearly. But yeah, most of the time it seems they just did a basic bass boost, which at least for me made the album more listenable anyway.

Agree about the 2010 vinyl remasters as well, very crisp sound.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    That's a great ad, and more importantly it confirms that the collection will be made available digitally. Yes!
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; Yesterday at 07:58 AM.

Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS???
    A lot of hiss.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I'm happy making my own MP3's because I really want the packaging. But I DO hope the digital tracks go up and replace the albums on Google Play and other streaming services.

Ooh, I had a thought that maybe they could separate the tracks that blend together in digital format?? I'm sure they won't, but I always wanted Night of the Swallow with flute intro minus didgeridoo.

I can’t believe all of the so-called ‘fans’ who think she’s releasing this just to make £££. Many of the albums have been out of print for years and if you live outside of Europe, let alone the UK, you’re stuck with pressings of albums that are passable but not anywhere near high-quality mastering. I for one am over-the-moon that she’s undertaken this as I thought she wouldn’t revisit her early work but am gladly wrong on that count. I’d love an updated video collection but for now i’m quite whetted.

^ Those fans are fucking idiots. People have been hoping for and talking about remasters for many years. She's just delivering what she knows a a good chunk of her fan base have wanted, just like when she put on live shows for the first time in 35 years.

Ooh, I had a thought that maybe they could separate the tracks that blend together in digital format?? I'm sure they won't, but I always wanted Night of the Swallow with flute intro minus didgeridoo.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. The didgeridoo is a crucial intro to that track.

OK I always assumed the didgeridoo as being the very last part of The Dreaming before the fiddle/pipes intro of NOTS. But that doesn't bother me as much the CD track starting with the piano... that is not the beginning of the song. *stomp*

Keep fighting the good fight, Jim.