Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

In the liner notes for Aerial he’s credited with didgeridoo on The Painter’s Link. I think you can faintly hear it in the background on the chorus bit she sings at the end, but it blends with the strings to the point that it just sounds like bass/cello.

Isn't there didgeredoo at the beginning of Prologue? Right before she sings, "We're gonna be laughing about this..."

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Oh, my bad! I totally thought that was a synth line. Oh man I am so eager to get my hands on the first set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    In the liner notes for Aerial he’s credited with didgeridoo on The Painter’s Link. I think you can faintly hear it in the background on the chorus bit she sings at the end, but it blends with the strings to the point that it just sounds like bass/cello.
    Oh, that's it! I laways thought it was a cello/part of the strings arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Oh, my bad! I totally thought that was a synth line. Oh man I am so eager to get my hands on the first set.
    That's a synth line alright, similar to the one she used on Snowed in at Wheeler Street.
    Last edited by FreshMownGrass; 11-08-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Paddy plays didgeridoo on The Big Sky, so there's someone in the family who could replace those parts if necessary. Maybe she thought Harris's voice would spoil people's enjoyment (although I can't say Bertie's nasal whine is likely to enhance mine!) but the didgeridoo was less noticeable?

I do wish the cd case for Aerial would have been redesigned to be similar to Before the Dawn, with the little nubs to hold the cd's instead of the pockets.

ONE MORE WEEK! I am so excited to get that first box set in my hands! I have the entire following week off from work, so I'm going to DIVE DEEEP. (

Still nothing concrete about a digital release?

This is what I’m waiting on, there not up for pre order on the Apple Music store in the U.K. yet anyway.....

I’ve ordered the vinyls from Canada as it was cheaper so was hoping to listen to the remasters on Friday.....

Finally got a stream of the remasters... From what I've heard (only a few songs on The Kick Inside and Never For Ever) it's really lovely.

Hooray! Are the differences that noticeable? I’m so excited for it all!

Yes, I just compared the original version of Suspended in Gaffa to the remastered one, and the difference is huge. Not a re-mix, mind you, but it just sounds a lot more crisp and you can hear more detail. I think if The Dreaming is your favorite album, it's going to be a lot of fun listening to it, as if you're hearing it for the first time.

Even December Will Be Magic Again sounds a lot better And The Painter's Link isn't horrible

That’s so exciting! I love the dreaming-there’s so many layers in that album-I bet Houdini sounds amazing.

I’m excited to hear aerial too

Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    That’s so exciting! I love the dreaming-there’s so many layers in that album-I bet Houdini sounds amazing.

I’m excited to hear aerial too
    The Man With The Child In His Eyes is lovely too, you can hear the individual instruments a lot better I think I might have to listen to all of the albums again in the next for days

It's really surprising she's waited this long to release remasters. The earlier albums sound so much better.

Kate is Kate!

The fan response to this has been interesting. I’m a huge fan, and I’m so excited for this. I guess a lot of people feel like they’re almost “owed” something from artists if that makes sense

I’ve a feeling she won’t be doing any press for this which is a shame