Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush - Remastered - November 2018

Does anybody know if the older albums will have the original artwork included? That's what I'm lacking - a lot of my versions are just the album cover, back, and a simple white lyrics page. I *assume* these would be a lot nicer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post
    Does anybody know if the older albums will have the original artwork included? That's what I'm lacking - a lot of my versions are just the album cover, back, and a simple white lyrics page. I *assume* these would be a lot nicer than that.
    I'm thinking it will be full album artwork of some type. Not sure though.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    It's hard to tell in the images what the cd booklets will look like, but I LOVE what we can see of the cases.

This is a long-shot but i’d love if there were in-studio pics of her recording each album. Peter Gabriel did this with his remasters.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Oh that would be really cool! Really, I'm just excited to revisit her entire catalog with higher sound quality. I am really curious about how they will compare with what we have already.

I may not pull the trigger until we get a sample or some reviews to let us know about the quality. I already own everything and if she muddies it up or turns the volume even lower I may have to pass on these.

Yeah, I'm not going to shell out for it. I don't have the same craving for remasters that you guys do. I have all the original albums on vinyl, plus The Single File box set, which has almost all the b-sides. I'm curious about Humming, though. If she really wanted to create a stir among the old-time fans, she'd release all her demos.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    So wait, all of the studio albums are being released individually on vinyl at some point correct? I just need Aerial and The Red Shoes and I think i'm going to get the IV box. I think.. oh, the anxiety!

Yes, all of the proper albums are being released individually. The only thing you can't buy separately are the 12" mixes, b-sides, etc. For that you have to buy the whole box with the 4 vinyl discs.

Can't wait to hear the Red Shoes era b-sides remastered. Show a Little Devotion is Kate's worst sounding song ever.

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    The drum machine on You Want Alchemy is the one that kills me. It sounds like a mini-Casio preset played through an answering machine. Switching from familiar analog to unfamiliar digital mixing was one of her worst ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    The drum machine on You Want Alchemy is the one that kills me. It sounds like a mini-Casio preset played through an answering machine. Switching from familiar analog to unfamiliar digital mixing was one of her worst ideas.
    Switching back to analog while also turning the volume all the way down was an even worst one though...

She should do different masterings for different formats. Director's Cut is too bassy and BTD is way too low, but they are great listens on vinyl if you have a good equipment. But she should think of the people who listen to music on Spotify or just want to hear the albums casually at a party. They sound awful. Also, I never bought this analogue vs digital debacle when it comes to how the music sounds. Kate just does questionable choices in mixing, mastering and arrangements. The Red Shoes sound terrible not because it was recorded digitally, but because of the awful drum machines, all the high ends and her obsession with flanging everything.
    Last edited by FreshMownGrass; Yesterday at 08:59 PM.

^ That's why I said "familiar"!!! Little Earthquakes was completed with digital technology, and that's one of the best sounding albums of that era IMO (but of course I'm biased!) -- I think the issue was that Kate & her team were trying something they'd never done before, and it shows.

I agree about DC & BTD, I think both of those sound terrible. But then Aerial and 50 Words sound great. More stripped-down and basic, but then that seems like what she was going for.

Also what does everyone think of that 2011 remaster of TRS??? I think it sucks tbh. It doesn't even sound remastered, I swear it's just the original album with the itunes "bass boost" preset.

The 2010 vinyl remasters on the other hand.... ooh, I was so lucky to find lossless digital copies of those. The Sensual Word is a revelation, especially Love & Anger and Heads We're Dancing.