Thread: Top 3 shows of each tour? (Both general consensus and personal opinion)

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar

Top 3 shows of each tour? (Both general consensus and personal opinion)

I've never been one to listen to boots before recently (as in last week) but I was wondering if anyone knows or cares off the top of their head if they could list what they or fans in general think to be the best shows of each tour?
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

I'll go from 2017 and work my way backwards. More recordings in recent years so I'm more familiar with setlists.

St. Paul (24/10) - Voice rested after mid-tour break. Vocally at her best that year. Even got up to 20 songs on toriset (mainly due to mash-ups i know.) Fierce Crucify, and that incredible Way Down-When Doves Cry-Fayth mash up.
    NYC (8/11)- 'Demon Tori' style Pancake and the most developed version of Beauty Queen. Fantastic Swirl also. +Darkest Hour
    Oakland (26/11)- Angels, Smokey Joe and a bit of Posse Bonus. What more could you want?

London (15/05)- Vocals on Sugar blow me away every time I hear it even for the 874th time. SLTS, IIEEE, and Little Earthquakes also stunning.
    Warsaw (12/06)- Liquid Diamonds, Blood Roses, Scarlets Walk and Sugar are highlights. She was just on fire that night.
    Sydney (20/11)- Ok hate me all you want but I really appreciate the crazy setlist. Pulling off DSOTS and She's your Cocaine the way she did was kinda brave even for her standards.

Thats all I have for now from memory. I might come back if I have some time to listen to some older recordings, review more setlists.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Thank you! I was at nyc1&2 last year and it was phenomenal. My sister was at London on UG tour and I am infinitely jealous. That setlist had many of my top 10!! I'll def give the others a listen so thank you.
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

Reardiing the UG tour, while the whole tour was very strong vocally, for some reason the shows at the very end of May 2014 were the most amazing ones. I guess she was warmed up from being on the road for a while but not worn out yet. I think the Brussels 2014 show has the strongest vocals of a fairly recent show and is a highlight of the tour. Check the performances of Icicle, Honey and Cool On Your Island on youtube if you want proof

Quote Originally Posted by berke View Post
    Reardiing the UG tour, while the whole tour was very strong vocally, for some reason the shows at the very end of May 2014 were the most amazing ones. I guess she was warmed up from being on the road for a while but not worn out yet. I think the Brussels 2014 show has the strongest vocals of a fairly recent show and is a highlight of the tour. Check the performances of Icicle, Honey and Cool On Your Island on youtube if you want proof
    I agree that early 2014 vocals were the best that tour. I would even argue that vocally, the very first shows in Ireland were the most impressive. TPOOK from Dublin comes to mind especially. The thing is that the setlists weren't that crazy early so maybe thats why the early Europe shows arent as memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post
    I've never been one to listen to boots before recently (as in last week) but I was wondering if anyone knows or cares off the top of their head if they could list what they or fans in general think to be the best shows of each tour?
    oh wow, you're in for a treat! I don't necessarily have a top 3 for every tour, as I have tended to just collect mp3s of specific songs/performances from each tour since becoming a fan in 1996, but these are my two all-time favorite boots (both of which I'd say are widely considered to be classics):

Boulder, CO 1996
    These were the final shows of the tour and definitely considered to be a classic boot (which combines highlights from both shows). I'd consider this my favorite boot of all time. It's that good.

London 1999 (Solo show)
    Following the 98 and 99 tours, this was Tori's first time performing a full solo show in years and also the solo debut of many of the songs from that era. Just really powerful performances, including Juarez solo on the piano. http://thedent.com/weeks37.html
    Last edited by MikeEP; 11-18-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berke View Post
    I think the Brussels 2014 show has the strongest vocals of a fairly recent show and is a highlight of the tour. Check the performances of Icicle, Honey and Cool On Your Island on youtube if you want proof
    I downloaded the Brussels boot and towards the end of Parasol *I think* messes up a line and meanders herself into a bit of an improv. To me it seems unintentional but the effect is pretty awesome. You were right the vocals are pretty great.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    When I clicked on this, my mind read this as top 3 worst shows of each tour, and I had some popcorn all ready to go.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I've never really gotten into bootlegs, and I typically prefer studio albums to live albums and recordings from live performances. But of the 18 times I've seen her in concert, my top three shows are:

-Dew Drop Inn, July 16, 1996, Seattle
    -Unrepentant Geraldines, July 18, 2014, Portland Zoo
    -Night of Hunters, December 14, 2011, Seattle

I also saw her on OS, SOS, ADP, and AATS tours.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    San Antonio 2007 was nothing short of transcendent. Same with Madison and Chicago 2017.

Nashville 2017 was my favorite show I've seen of 24 shows since 1998.