Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I chalk that untucked up to being a lot of frustration that even with this many queens there is very little movement. The top, safe and bottom queens are pretty much set each episode.

And the little alliance that is forming are the queens in the middle that are the most frustrated.
    Poor Vangie. I get why she is so in her head.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I know I probably stand alone on this, but I can't stand Yvie Oddly's 'I keep it real' bs! She seems to like building herself up by tearing others down and then hiding behind her 'well, I'm telling the truth' shtick. It comes up way too often and I don't believe she's truly putting effort into improving. While she may not be as delusional as someone like Silky, Yvie has very poor insight into her issues and her lack of empathy for others bothers me in a way that other queens don't (except for the thoroughly wretched Ra'Jah). And while I love plenty of her ideas, performances and look concepts, it's not unusual for her to look a bit unpolished. As such, I can't help but feel like she's a Dragula contestant that somehow ended up on Drag Race. It doesn't help that the "Oddly" in her name makes me wonder if she's Vander Von Odd's drag niece or something.

Anyway... Some of the girls are putting together looks themed around challenges they didn't make it to and posting them on social media. If you have a minute, look up Scarlet's farm to runway look on her twitter. It is everything!!! I live for those birdhouse earrings!

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    So, can anybody explain to me why somebody who cut her dress and throw glitter in the air and made all the judges to scream and applaud lost to a girl who just walked around the stage? Wtf was that elimination, Ru?
    My explanation is that, yea, she threw glitter and cut her dress but then what did she do for the rest of the song? I think those kind of "reveal" or "gag-worthy" tricks mean less and less to Ru each season.. and what did she do for the rest of the song? I argue that Ra'jah was the better performer for the entire thing. It was a draw if nothing else.

And then what does Ru do when every queen including Nina, who had no ax to grind, says that Scarlet should go home this challenge. I mean... she was fn up the routine for Ra'jah being in her place and her way, etc.

And no one wanted Scarlet, a Kentucky queen, to get as far as I did. She was off but weirdly off. That final look was so bad. Her wig looked like a mop that had seen too many days in an orange koolaid factory. It had no volume and sat on her head so flatly. And even her makeup wasn't very flattering. Scarlet is a polished queen. She must have just had something else going on to throw her so off.
    Last edited by Volta; 04-14-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    I know I probably stand alone on this, but I can't stand Yvie Oddly's 'I keep it real' bs! She seems to like building herself up by tearing others down and then hiding behind her 'well, I'm telling the truth' shtick. It comes up way too often and I don't believe she's truly putting effort into improving. While she may not be as delusional as someone like Silky, Yvie has very poor insight into her issues and her lack of empathy for others bothers me in a way that other queens don't (except for the thoroughly wretched Ra'Jah). And while I love plenty of her ideas, performances and look concepts, it's not unusual for her to look a bit unpolished. As such, I can't help but feel like she's a Dragula contestant that somehow ended up on Drag Race. It doesn't help that the "Oddly" in her name makes me wonder if she's Vander Von Odd's drag niece or something.

Anyway... Some of the girls are putting together looks themed around challenges they didn't make it to and posting them on social media. If you have a minute, look up Scarlet's farm to runway look on her twitter. It is everything!!! I live for those birdhouse earrings!
    Yvie does bring it to the runway and her double-edged sword of having such amazing flexibility coupled with such great pain. I just remember when she said that the other queens have a larger career trajectory and she maybe has a 10-15 year window before she might be in a wheelchair. If anything is going to happen for her it has to happen like right now.

That and so much just fills this season up with so much pressure. I feel like it's insanely tense.
    1. Vangie is read for corsets and body suits but Plastique is praised? When Vangie might be the only queen to return from the previous season not to win a challenge. That has to be playing on her mind big time.
    2. I felt Ra'jah's pain. It's high stakes and although I don't fault any queen for taking advantage in a competition show.. Plastique had the workroom breakdown, her drag mother helping her make a routine, and a video..
    3. Silky is driving everyone nuts.

That said I can't wait to see this snatchgame.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    1. Vangie is read for corsets and body suits but Plastique is praised?
    Yep. I don't understand this at all. As soon as she had her breakdown I thought, "And tonight's winner is Plastique." Sure enough. Corset and all.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

When Ru asks the queens who should go home, they always have the same reaction: HOW DARE YOU THROW ME UNDER THE BUS. I mean, they have to pick someone, right? It surely can't be that shocking that it's one of the contestants.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I really like Yvie but her "has a comment for everything" has officially gotten old. Silky drives me bananas with her delusions. All the rest don't seem anything special. (I do love Nina but yeah she isn't winning) Brooke has been killing it, I wouldn't think I would be rooting for her but at this point I am!
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 04-15-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    When Ru asks the queens who should go home, they always have the same reaction: HOW DARE YOU THROW ME UNDER THE BUS. I mean, they have to pick someone, right? It surely can't be that shocking that it's one of the contestants.
    That was when I lost my last bit of goodwill for Rajah. She gets pissy with Scarlet for naming her after the facts that:
    1) she first named Scarlet herself
    2) Scarlet didn't want to mention anyone but Ru pressed her to say a name
    3) Rajah had been in the bottom 3 times so, duh
    4) Scarlet was being pretty damn graceful about being named 4 times

Projecting insecurities is one thing, but there was quite a bit of arrogance and a mean streak there.
    post28!

I'm tryin to remember if last season I was so indifferent about who would be the winner. Cause this season I don't give a damn about any of the girls tbh...
    I hope Snatch Game is the original one and not that weird things no they did for All Stars 4.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

It's snatch game at sea, not sure what the sea part is about. However, is with the original set. (I saw a pic from the preview)

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I usually don't really start caring about the queens until after Snatch Game. Although right now my favorites are: Brook Lynn, Vanje, and A'Keria. Yvie is really interesting, but her attitude rubs me the wrong way sometimes. I adore Nina West, but her drag isn't on the level it needs to be.

I agree about Nina. She has so much heart but her looks tend to miss the mark. It was weird how she specifically talked about wanting to “proportionize” in response to Michelle’s critique from last week about needing to add more on the bottom but then came out and the proportion still wasn’t there.

For me right now it’s between Brook or Yvie.

I could be totally wrong about this, but I get the feeling that the show doesn't want a white queen to win.

The show gets a lot of racial criticism, and they clearly are responding to that (All Stars tie).

They also only cast 4 white queens this season out of 15 contestants.

If anything, this could definitely tip the scales in favor of Yvie, just to avoid another white queen win.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I'm tryin to remember if last season I was so indifferent about who would be the winner. Cause this season I don't give a damn about any of the girls tbh...
    I hope Snatch Game is the original one and not that weird things no they did for All Stars 4.
    I keep wishing for this season to have no winner at all (and I wished for the same on season 9). Have 2-4 of them split the money, but give no one a crown.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Yep. I don't understand this at all. As soon as she had her breakdown I thought, "And tonight's winner is Plastique." Sure enough. Corset and all.
    Yep. I feel like I am one of the few who doesn't really like Plastique. I can't really place why. She's gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But it seems to me that's it. There's not much there. I also have empathy for how hard her situation is given her family origin situation. Still, as a queen...doesn't bring a ton to the table..