Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

Although technically AS4 starts in December, most of the show will air in 2019. In addition, if the patterns continues there will be another all stars season in 2019. So this is the place to discuss all things drag race related in 2019.

I can't wait to see Latrice and Jasmine again!
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    I can't wait to see Latrice and Jasmine again!
    you'll get to see that during the Christmas special and AS4

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Rupaul and Michelle Visage will be doing Dragrace in the UK with an all UK cast.
    AND
    Dragrace is now the most discussed show on Reddit beating out GOTs.

All of this according to The WoW Report on Radio Andy.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Sorry, but that Xmas special had me gagging. Of the dry heaving variety.

Yeah the only nice thing I really have to say about is Ru looked great in drag. It was nice to see some of those queens but I couldn’t really even pay attention through the whole thing.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 12-10-2018 at 02:27 AM.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Sonique was sickening. Mayhem is still someone I have a huge crush on. The pit crew had some pretty hot fuckers in there. The "challenges" if we can even call it that were just abysmal. Everyone gets an A+.

Obvious editing is disjointing and extremely hard to ignore. Maybe somewhere in there was a legitimately entertaining show, but not in 40 minutes or so minus commercial time.

Don't even get me started on the end that reminded me of Rose on Golden Girls "showing off" her sick dance moves. I'm kind of embarrassed, and I know this wasn't supposed to be serious at all, but it's giving me a lot of fears about AS4.

So bummed! I tuned in to watch the Xmas special and there was an hour long infomercial for Ru's new Xmas album instead.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

the extended trailer for AS4 looks very strong actually, that's the only nice thing I have to say about tonight!http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/j9grr...stars-season-4
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 12-08-2018 at 05:49 AM.

The Christmas special felt like a NyQuil induced dream
    -time moves both ways-

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    What the hell was the christmas special about lol.
    Good to see folks like Kim Chi and Sonique though after all this time.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I liked it. Have you all seen any of the previous Christmas Specials from Rupaul? This was his fourth for Dragrace and the last one I watched was just Ru and different queens and celebs popping in and out. All of it filmed in front of a tiny green screen where all the lyrics were below so you could sing along and the choreography was nothing but lip syncing and bouncing around side to side.

Compared to all that.. this was very much a step and forever and a half better.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I'm listening to Jasmine Masters going off about Shangela being the reason he left the set. The T is really good but it's an hour long. You can drive to another state by the time she's done.
    I didn't know Shangela was so disrespectful with time. I can't stand that. Maybe that's why the damn jury was so salty in AS3.

Well, after listening to Jasmine trash both productions and Gia Gunn being all hateful about Ru. I just don't know how they get away with all of that. Ru is cooler than I. Those queens wouldn't be a dragcon with a booth shading me the house down like that. But that's very Ru to glide above that kind of drama. I loved Ru's interview on Jimmy Kimmel. Ru is not one to dwell. Keep on moving it on.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I would take anything Jasmine rants about on social media with a huge pillar of salt.

And as for professional behavior - Jasmine admittedly refused to learn the lip-sync song (hence: headwrap), walked off set in the middle of the day, and then shot down Shangela for trying to apologize? I don't think she's the best person to be calling others out.

More importantly, there was epic drama during the filming of this special and they didn't include it?! They should have been rolling on all of this.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

What was the epic drama I missed?

Yea. Now that you have me thinking about it. It was only a two-day shoot. I'd think Jasmine could suck it up and deal with Shangela's constant tardiness for two days. Jasmine said she only stayed a day and a half. And I really didn't understand completely what happened to her makeup that she had to cover her face. I mean, I've seen queens drenched after performances in smaller venues and the makeup is still in one place.

Jasmine just doesn't thrive in this kind of drag. Televised drag and reality competition drag. But the girl can read the house down when she's at her best.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.