Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    They probably avoided a Silky/Yvie lipsync cuz Yvie would have sent Silky home.
    I am 200% sure that's what happened.
    And it backfired because this season has lost all credibility after the outcome of the lipsync.

I don't see Brooke winning because now we have the same problem that All Stars had: Three queens of color and one white queen.
    And this is true too. The thing is, who should be the winner? Vanjie? Akeria? Yvie? None of them is better than Brooklyn. So I bet we're going to have another weird ending like in AS4.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    "stop trying to make silky happen!"
    That lip sync was AWFUL AND MESSY!!!

This season they sure keep sending the wrong queens home! I truly think it would've been more fun if people like Honey, Shuga and scarlet had stayed on longer...

Brooklyn 4 the win, I guess? I'm okay with that tbh, but it's also the only possible credible outcome at this point... And that doesn't make it a very exciting finale... Either Brooklyn wins and we're all "Predictable!!!" or she doesn't win and we're all "What the!!!"

So yeah...

ETA: after the untucked, though, I was pretty surprised by the things Brooklyn said...!!!
    At this moment, I do think A'Keria has a better chance to win than BLH (and I don't like ACD at all, she's such a shady queen, stirring the pot every time she can).

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Ru can’t give the title to silky, now, after all the allegations. She may have wanted to when they filmed but the all important 12-14 fangirl vote will probably be for Vanjie or Yvie. I just don’t think Brooke has them, has connected to the young’ns the way Aquaria, Sasha, and Trixie did.

I just don’t get these makeover challenges. I feel like Akeria would have been read for a tired ole pageant look that really wasn’t reaching far or even exceptional on any other/past season.

It should have been Yvie sending silky home and Vanjie winning her first challenge.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I don't see Brooke winning because now we have the same problem that All Stars had: Three queens of color and one white queen.
    If that would turn out to be the reason why Brooke maybe wouldn't win, the credibility of the show is ruined for ever...

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    And this is true too. The thing is, who should be the winner? Vanjie? Akeria? Yvie? None of them is better than Brooklyn. So I bet we're going to have another weird ending like in AS4.
    And here too, if we get a weird ending, bye bye credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
    At this moment, I do think A'Keria has a better chance to win than BLH
    I hope not. Of all the people still on the show, she's my least favorite; there's no X-factor there. Beauty? Yes. But that's it...
    Think about it; who of these queens can you see hosting their own show for, say, an hour? Or slaying in panels?
    Silky and Akeria? Neh... Yvie and Vanjie? Maybe..? But they're turning out to be quite one dimensional in their repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Ru can’t give the title to silky, now, after all the allegations.
    Ooh! What allegations? Is there something going on that I missed?
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Ooh! What allegations? Is there something going on that I missed?
    It’s somewhere in this thread after the first episode aired. Some queens that knew her before the show accused her of sexual assault/harassment.

You’d think in the era of #MeToo that it would have gotten more attention and potentially be addressed by the show or network, but I guess they want to sweep it under the rug. Maybe they already knew she was the winner and they were hoping people wouldn’t take notice of the allegations?

https://instinctmagazine.com/post/dr...fellow-queens/

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    If Yvie doesn't win, I riot. I know she's been losing steam but she's infinitely more interesting than the others and hey, we've had queens who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag take the crown before (Violet). Plus she's likable.

Yeah I’m surprised people seem to be counting Yvie out. She seems like the obvious winner to me.

Brooke Lynn would have to, I don't know, burn an entire city filled with innocents at this point to lose the crown, particularly based on the edit she got.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Yeah I’m surprised people seem to be counting Yvie out. She seems like the obvious winner to me.
    I dunno, we've had oddball queens before who were stronger and more allround (Sharon, Alaska). I like Yvie for what she represents but she misses a certain polish and refinement. A bit like Acid Betty at the time...
    post28!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    The finale was filmed last night it seems, judging by some of the stuff I stumbled across on Instagram. There's some spoilers around who was in the finale floating around too, just in case anyone is trying to avoid that,

By the way, I don’t think Ru gives a fuck about what people think when it comes to crowning another white queen or not. I’ve never understood that theory. I think they did a double crowning for AS4 because there was no clear winner once Manila was gone, so they decided to try to keep it interesting and do something different (not saying that worked). AS4 was dead in the water after Manila was kicked off.

Speaking of not giving a fuck, I went ahead and read the spoilers about the finale. I am not invested in who wins at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    By the way, I don’t think Ru gives a fuck about what people think when it comes to crowning another white queen or not. I’ve never understood that theory. I think they did a double crowning for AS4 because there was no clear winner once Manila was gone, so they decided to try to keep it interesting and do something different (not saying that worked). AS4 was dead in the water after Manila was kicked off.
    I disagree. Trinity was the clear winner, and she was always a contender, even when Manila was in the race. I didn't even like her before AS4, but I really appreciate her now. She's an accomplished all-arounder, and that's the kind of queen who generally wins All Stars (like Chad Michaels, for instance). Monet is great and fun, (and very good at what she is doing) but polished she is not. There was a lot of pressure from the fanbase (particularly the Reddit crowd) for a non-white queen to enter the hall of fame, and I'm sure the producers noticed that. Then again, if they didn't crown Trinity, a lot of people would have freaked the fuck out. Hence, improvized double crowning. (That said, #justice4manila).

At this point, the Season 11 win will come down to the lip-sync battle finale. If anyone pulls out a Sasha Velour-type shocker, they will prob take the crown. And if anyone who shuffles around the stage, they won't.

And as for AS4, Trinity was clearly the winner. It's too obvious to even talk about. Just think about Trinity's looks, her snatch game, her variety show performance - plus she had the most wins. I don't even remember what Monet did in snatch game or the variety show. And I do love Monet to pieces.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I really like and respect Trinity (especially her runway looks) but I still always feel like she’s missing the X factor that other winners (and many other queens like Manila and Katya) have. Her Snatch game was horrible (the whole joke seemed to be that Caitlyn is manly..which is gross) and that variety show performance was lame. As one of the other queens said, tucking can’t be your only talent.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 05-15-2019 at 11:56 PM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I have to type this now before I forget it.. I'm watching tonight's episode and Vanjie's workroom highlighting above those cheekbones is flawless and blended in super flawlessly.
    I'd love to know what highlighter that is.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.