Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 258

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

  1. #211
    megaphone to my chest MikeEP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I agree with what you say, Dan, but I would add that Trinity might not win because she is white. After last year controversy with Vixen, plus the fact that the three winners of All Stars had been white, I just can't imagine a situation where a white girl gets the crown over three black girls. Does she deserve it? Fuck yes. Is it politically correct? Not really, and Drag Race has been becoming more and more politically correct (I am realizing that now, after watching seasons 1 and 2. It is really a totally different show)
    Ru doesn’t give a shit about political correctness. Also, Trixie literally just won last season over three black queens. It’s not a factor and it shouldn’t be. This show has had diverse casting from the very beginning.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 02-11-2019 at 02:17 AM.

  2. #212
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    This show has had diverse casting from the very beginning.
    Yeah, asking RPDR to be more PC? I mean, what more do you want!
    It's the All Stars rules that is the weak spot here. Sure, controversial votes make for good tv but that's only 'fun' for a few minutes of fame or one episode long social media shitstorm. It hurts the show as a whole and, as it turns out now, some drag queens personally. All Stars rules should be suspended, period!

    I'm okay with who got send home but with the absence of both Manila and Valentina, this is a very lame top 4. I mean, I like Monet and Monique as a person and for their banter, but they're not on that consistent or unique a level as other winners or even contestants.
    post28!

  3. #213
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,304
    Still, it is Ru who decides who is up for elimination, so it is not completely random.
    Anyway, on one hand I only regard it as a campy ass hysterical over the top reality show that is fun to seriously talk about.
    I hope Monet wins this. If not then Trinity.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  4. #214
    I'm still holding out hope that Manila will be announced as the surprise winner.

  5. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    This actually sounds like a great option and I certainly would do that if I could... but spoofing location for Amazon.com isn't enough, it needs a credit card registered in the USA for it to work. Maybe I should look into Prepaid credit cards.
    Late to the game, but I am Dutch as well. You can, however, buy Amazon gift cards with a dutch CC. I do this all the time. With the gift card, you can buy season passes/seasons of things that are really, REALLY hard to get in NL.

  6. #216
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,304
    Oh, so redeeming a gift card has no other check on it? THanks for the tip.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  7. #217
    No! I do have a fake US address linked to my account, but it accepts my Dutch cc just fine. So no idea if the fake address is needed. After you purchased a gift card, you can use it whichever way you like!

  8. #218
    entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentuckiana
    Posts
    5,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Still, it is Ru who decides who is up for elimination, so it is not completely random.
    Anyway, on one hand I only regard it as a campy ass hysterical over the top reality show that is fun to seriously talk about.
    I hope Monet wins this. If not then Trinity.
    OH, I agree but when Latrice and Manila were talking about how this would be there for real, for real last time being on the show.. they felt extra pressure to get as far as they could.
    There is a lot of worlds in drag . But the hierarchy seems to always be whomever is currently on the show, those who were just on the last season, popular queens from past seasons, unpopular queens from past seasons, and queens that have not been on the show yet but are employed at a large club.

    There is a world where queens from past seasons who didn't make it far can do what they love and pay the bills... but they're not rolling in cash. It's so funny because i've heard queens talk about how the filming schedule is so rigorous. Stacy Lane said the reason she's not on this season as a competitor is because she's just not in enough physical strength for what the show requires.

    Point is.. maybe Monet and Monique should have waited because now there chances of getting back on another season are probably over. They really need to take advantage of this moment. Because like Latrice and Manila said. This is for real, for real it. ANd I really like them.. The vibe I get from here every week is that we're really not ready for them this soon.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-13-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

  9. #219
    the unhappy worker waitressboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    3,573
    I might be wrong, but I think the same day Manila got eliminated she released the video of her first single, "Go fish". Good timing. Beautiful dancers.



    The song is sooooo bad though.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

  10. #220
    Senior Member okyanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    463
    All queens release their videos on the day of their elimination. It's a rather smart strategy.

  11. #221
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,920
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    The song is sooooo bad though.
    Any music effort RPDR contestants put out seems to suck by default, though. Cheap dance beats mixed with autotune vocals. Meh.
    post28!

  12. #222
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,304
    Actually, the slow part in Go Fish that sets in at 2:44 is one of the best things I've heard from Ru contestants. I wish it was just that stretched out over 5 minutes lol. It is just... most of them have no taste in music whatsoever, it boils down to watered down 90s Eurotrash rip-offs.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  13. #223
    The only Ru queen songs I like are This Is My Hair by Alaska and... that's about it! Maybe Love Piñata by Tammie Brown?

    Outside of the Ru queens, I think the Disasterina EP is a lot of fun (especially Go For Sushi and Eat Hair) and Christeene also has a few good songs, such as the excellent Big Shot.


  14. #224
    Spoiler King RisingPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,153
    I like clam happy by tammie brown. It's horrible but it's supposed to be!

  15. #225
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,920
    While we're waiting for season 11, tell me, who are your fave 11 queens from all the seasons so far? You can rank them if you want, mine are in no order except for the top 3.
    Mine would be:

    Katya
    Ben dela Creme
    Alaska
    ----
    Shae Couleé
    Manila
    Alyssa Edwards
    Adore Delano
    Bianca Del Rio
    Kim Chi
    Aja
    Miz Cracker
    post28!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •