Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    If Yvie doesn't win, I riot. I know she's been losing steam but she's infinitely more interesting than the others and hey, we've had queens who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag take the crown before (Violet). Plus she's likable.
    You think Yvie is likable? Interesting. I might like her more if she weren't constantly wallowing in negativity about everything. There's an immaturity about her that I find grating.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

I think Yvie is distinctly unlikable actually but she's the best possible winner for sure.

EDIT: I like her more after this episode/untucked though, haha. Stanning Yvie is subjecting yrself to constant whiplash.
    Last edited by Andrew; 05-17-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Love Yvie to bits in all departments. Personality aside, it actually has more to do with her type of drag. I can see why people wouldn't like it, call it crafty or unpolished, but I think it is crown-worthy.

One thing is for sure, the finale is definitely going to be exciting as all the current queens have had heights and depths, and all actually have a chance of winning right now.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I think Yvie is distinctly unlikable actually but she's the best possible winner for sure.

EDIT: I like her more after this episode/untucked though, haha. Stanning Yvie is subjecting yrself to constant whiplash.
    Haven't seen this week's episode, nor Untucked. I'm really tired of the 'I'm just being real," sch-tick. I thought her drag was interesting for about four episodes now I'm over it

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Love Yvie to bits in all departments. Personality aside, it actually has more to do with her type of drag. I can see why people wouldn't like it, call it crafty or unpolished, but I think it is crown-worthy.
    I agree. Still think Yvie is the clear winner overall. Her performance and her runway last night were by far the best.

I also totally agree with the judges critiques about Brook Lynne last night and her missing the edge. Every once in a while she shows glimpses of it.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    It had to happen this way for it to be so even going into the finale.
    Brooke had to stumble and Yvie and Akeria had to shine. Otherwise, Brooke would be a clear favorite.

I don’t think Silky could win even if she slayed everything. Too much baggage. Just like Eureka.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

They also had a convenient Brooke/Vanjie lipsync face-off, which I'm sure in no way was planned or scripted for drama considering they've been "dating" (hooking up? talking?) during the season.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Yvie is still my favourite this season with Vanjie as the most engaging and entertaining.

Yvie also totally slayed tonight. As did Akeria. The rest were a bit meh to me.

^ Agreed. Yvie and Akeria were the best this week. I was surprised given how many issues Akeria has had with choreography.

I actually thought A'Keria was terrible. Maybe I need to watch it again. I might feel that way because I find her so thoroughly milquetoast.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I dunno, we've had oddball queens before who were stronger and more allround (Sharon, Alaska). I like Yvie for what she represents but she misses a certain polish and refinement. A bit like Acid Betty at the time...
    Okay, so what I missed in Yvie she made up for in spades and then some in this episode: she was on fire! One of the judges said it best that she was able to combine cooky and glam and she never looked more beautiful. This Yvie I would like to see winning.
    And I agree that Brooke seemed a bit flat. Choreo was on point but she knows how to do that of course but there wasn't much fun. Same with Vanjie, she looked like a scared bunny in her routine.
    I do think that Lipsync was scripted for sensation purpose, I mean OF COURSE it's good tv to have them two battle for a place in the finals. And my god Brooke delivered there, she was amazing!

I hope it will be between Brooke and Yvie in the end. Silky was much more likeable this episode but she's fighting so hard for her spotlight that it comes off as fake. And Akeria, like Waylon said, is a bit milquetoast, your average glam queen.
    post28!

I bet Yvie will be the winner. I can totally see a final between Brooklyn and Yvie, and they're going to play something like Cardi B or some stuff that Brooklyn will do ok but Yvie will totally slay.
    As long as it's not Silky, I'm fine with that.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    I actually thought A'Keria was terrible. Maybe I need to watch it again. I might feel that way because I find her so thoroughly milquetoast.
    If we're nitpicking, which is the point of the show, I think being first and the worst dancer made her look like a deer in headlights.. but her outfit was everything.. gave me Whitney Houston, Bodyguard, Queen of the Night vibes.. that head piece alone put her in the top lol. And she did get through it which was impressive.

I love ballet... but it's like people who complained about Kennedy Davenport's style of deathdropping through a whole number.. it can wear you down a bit.
    Brooke will be prepared for this finale by all means.. I mean, look what she did with "Sorry Not Sorry" against Yvie. She can throw down.

Who has the best lip sync battle will win. Lets just hope Yvie and Brooke don't go up round 1 against each other..
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    Haven't seen this week's episode, nor Untucked. I'm really tired of the 'I'm just being real," sch-tick. I thought her drag was interesting for about four episodes now I'm over it
    I'm quoting myself.
    I take back what I said after the episode.

Yvie's outfit this week was everything. It was a well-deserved win this week.

Sweet Nina