Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rupaul's Drag Race

I'm prob in the minority in that all I know of Trixie is what I see on Drag Race. I'm really not that familiar with any of the stuff mentioned above. And to me, she seemed pretty run-of-the-mill, but clearly, she's not (outside the show).

Which makes me think that these all-star winners are prob chosen based on more than just their performance on the show. And which is why I see Valentina winning (huge fan base/cast as Angel in the Rent TV movie on Fox, etc.)
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

I feel like Latrice or Manila will win, but I could see Valentina winning in a major upset!
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    I feel like Latrice or Manila will win, but I could see Valentina winning in a major upset!
    All of those choices would be fine, actually. It's probably going to be Trinity, though. It's more than a little curious that a white queen has won every single Drag Race-branded show since moving to VH1. Not to bring that up again, but seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    All of those choices would be fine, actually. It's probably going to be Trinity, though. It's more than a little curious that a white queen has won every single Drag Race-branded show since moving to VH1. Not to bring that up again, but seriously.
    Shea Coulee seriously deserved to win season 9. I love Sasha but her win was a stunt.

I agree about Shea, though I will say lip-syncing is not her strong suit in general (her lip sync against Nina Bonina Brown to Cool for the Summer was pretty lackluster) and that’s obviously an important skill set in this competition. She was incredible in the Category Is performance though (which was technically a lip sync I know). She made the other queens look like her opening act.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    I totally called the bottom two for this episode, before I even watched it. How depressing.

I do think Trinity deserved being in the top, but I think Manila, Gia, and Valentina were all much better than Monique.

All in all, I think this will be a great season!
    You know.. I think some queens are cast because Ru knows they'll be great and some queens are cast because we know the audience will agree if they go home first. lol
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    I was kind of surprised by Trinity's lip sync. I remember her being very acrobatic on her season, but here she kind of just stood still and emoted. A part of me thinks Monique did better. But we all know how Ru feels about a wig removal...

I also find it kind of ironic how Jasmine just went off on social media about Queens being unprepared, but when it came to this challenge, she didn't prepare a single thing...

My guess is that Valentina wins, mostly because it seems like the biggest social media Queen wins over more talented Queens in these competitions now (ie: Trixie).

That said, she is absolutely stunning and highly entertaining.
    Yea, but I don't think you should pull out all the big tricks til later on. And Trinity lost to Peppermint because she did her reveal way too early and Peppermint brought the house done with her last minute one. I also remember when Eureka had her first lip sync season 10 she didn't do kicks or splits, either. I think you just have to save those for when you know you need to save your ass. PLUS winning lip syncs in this format ain't always the best thing to do. Ask Shangela. lol
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    I'm prob in the minority in that all I know of Trixie is what I see on Drag Race. I'm really not that familiar with any of the stuff mentioned above. And to me, she seemed pretty run-of-the-mill, but clearly, she's not (outside the show).

Which makes me think that these all-star winners are prob chosen based on more than just their performance on the show. And which is why I see Valentina winning (huge fan base/cast as Angel in the Rent TV movie on Fox, etc.)
    Yea. I also think the best queens are also the ones that perform well under pressure. Queens that are in the tops when it comes to snatch game always impress me. I love Trixie the house down but she's not really the kind of competitor that Shangela is. Shangela thrives in this format. Trixie thrives everywhere else, imo. Well.. Trixie can sew and make a garment worth hundreds of drag dollars and Shangie still can't cut a pattern out.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    I agree about Shea, though I will say lip-syncing is not her strong suit in general (her lip sync against Nina Bonina Brown to Cool for the Summer was pretty lackluster) and that’s obviously an important skill set in this competition. She was incredible in the Category Is performance though (which was technically a lip sync I know). She made the other queens look like her opening act.
    Watch that lip sync again. During the bridge of the song Shea pops her hips one way and her shoulders the other with the song and I thought that was cool af. But, yes, Nina implied that she was going to go home no matter what. Truth is.. if she did go full force regardless of the fact she had already been in the bottom twice (and slayed each time to stay) she probably would have won that lip sync (to the people at home)... but, yea, still have been sent home.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Don't hate me more than you already do but when Gia threw those streamers out. Girrl, I was living for it! I thought she and Manila should have been top two. Would that have been the most exciting top 2 to the VH-1 audience on the first episode of the season? Probably not.

When everyone else is just lip syncing and not very spectacularly.. and you have two queens doing something that creative. It really stands out.
    Oh well.

If anyone beats Trinity this season, I'd be very shocked. If she's in the bottom someone has to take that lip stick out because she will definitely make it to the finals otherwise. There really isn't anyone equal to her talent except the legends Latrice and Manila at this point.

Jasmine Masters. Jasmine Masters. Jasmine Masters.
    Part of me thinks she wanted to go home. Part of me thinks when she kept telling people how "It really was funny even if you didn't like it," she believed what she was saying.
    Last edited by Volta; 12-20-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I keep going back to the fact that when Jasmine left on season 7 Rupaul gave a very cold goodbye message "you're a premadonna" (tongue in cheek or not) and now that Jasmine is famous beyond the show and she goes home first all of a sudden "you will forever be an all star". I do love Jasmine but she really didn't show much of anything as a drag queen. She's very funny but you wouldn't know it watching the TV show.

This video from VH1’s YouTube channel does a great job of showcasing Jasmine. I love how positive and laidback she is about life. She was also great on Katya’s (and Craig, the co-host and producer’s) podcast Whimsically Volatile. It’s almost 2 hours of conversation and such a fun listen.

I was actually sad to see Farrah go. I realized she's not as strong as the others, but I just wanted her to triumph over Gia's "you're the weakest link" attacks.

Speaking of Gia, what exactly is she trying to do? I don't get the choice to be intentionally mean for no reason. It's as though she thinks the audience is going to love her for her "shade" or "reads."
    Case in point:

Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Having dealt with Gia personalities growing up, it really pissed me off how she acted. I'm sorry if I got into your head? Bitch that's exactly what you were hoping to do. She came off as a bully. First asked who's the weakest link, and then went for it.

In other news, the denim vest that Monique wore at the top of the show was made by my son's roommate. It was a unexpected surprise to see it.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Yeah, Gia can fuck right off for all I care. I don't see her winning this thing, so she can go.

On a happier note....I literally SCREAMED at my TV when Manila came on in that gown! That is the best look I've ever seen on her, and one of the best looks in Drag Race history!
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.