Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: New Book - An Artistic Resistance: A Blueprint for Change in 20 Songs (May 20, 2020)

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    I hope not... Now or Never isn't terrible but to come off such a strong title like Native Invader it seems a little simplistic/trite/cliche.

I think you may be on to something! "It is a mission to reckon with how the current moment is truly one of Now or Never".

The words are capitalized and italicized! It would not be like that unless it were a song title or ALBUM TITLE.

I actually would like that as an album title. It also fits with the theme of her mother's recent passing.

Sure beats Unrepentant Geraldines - and it would get her some press coverage. It also fits well with RESISTANCE as a book title.

RESISTANCE - Book
    NOW OR NEVER - Album

Perhaps she is going with simpler album titles to get non-fans more interested (rather than Native Invader, Unrepentant Geraldines, Abnormally Attracted to Sin, American Doll Posse). She has been much more straight forward in interviews lately...

Maybe the album would come out shortly after the book release...
    Last edited by Beelust; 02-24-2020 at 11:41 PM.
    I see myself sort of as a small to medium vineyard. And they usually don't sell as much as the screw-top wine down in Safeway. But I don't make wine for Safeway. God bless Safeway. If I am a winemaker I am not going to make screw-top wine ~ Tori Amos

Also - does anyone know more about the audio CD of Resistance? Like it will be an actual physical CD? I wonder if Tori will be the speaker. It is quite pricey!
    I see myself sort of as a small to medium vineyard. And they usually don't sell as much as the screw-top wine down in Safeway. But I don't make wine for Safeway. God bless Safeway. If I am a winemaker I am not going to make screw-top wine ~ Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    I hope not... Now or Never isn't terrible but to come off such a strong title like Native Invader it seems a little simplistic/trite/cliche.
    I cannot agree more with this statement...Tori album titles are generally brilliant and have some depth to them...this is so simplistic unless readers,said new album is an Elvis Presley covers album!!!

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Also - does anyone know more about the audio CD of Resistance? Like it will be an actual physical CD? I wonder if Tori will be the speaker. It is quite pricey!
    Tori is indeed doing the audiobook version - if there's actually a CD copy then it'll probably be on anywhere from like 6-8 discs (publisher site lists it as 8 hours long), so $40 makes sense.

I hope Now or Never is just a song title, not an album title. Still better than a few Tori had chosen.

I wonder if now or never is like that just to add emphasis since it's contained in a quote.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Grammatically speaking, Now or Never is definitely the title of something. I mean, right? Why else would it be written the way it is?

tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

^ agreed - but yes - it could just be a song title from the new album.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I can definitely see a Now or Never 2020 Tour being a thing; it just screams urgency. That being said, it's kind of uncharacteristically direct for a Tori title. Then again, so is Resistance.

"it's kind of uncharacteristically direct for a Tori title. Then again, so is Resistance." That's what I was thinking. But maybe it is an album/tour name. Maybe she looks at it as the time for subtlety is over.

I like Now or Never! Sure its simple but in today's climate and given her history in the industry - if she's got something to say, she better put it out there.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill