Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Book - An Artistic Resistance: A Blueprint for Change in 20 Songs (Sept. 3, 2019)

No... but that’s interesting. Maybe they are aligning the timing with a new album release.
    Robbing the muse...

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Has anyone offered the idea that the book may be the album?

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsofmysoles View Post
    I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Has anyone offered the idea that the book may be the album?
    It's not. Tori said tour and album were coming 2020. This is something entirely different. I don't think she'd do another cover album unless she was in another Atlantic situation.
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post
    It's not. Tori said tour and album were coming 2020. This is something entirely different. I don't think she'd do another cover album unless she was in another Atlantic situation.
    Well I do always take anything she says with a grain of salt. She has said a lot of things over the years that didn't pan out.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I feel like I already hate this book. I will happily be wrong, but I am not excited about it at all.

Maybe the book is just a joke and instead she plans to surprise release the best album of her career: “Mother”, an album of songs written to her mother.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Maybe the book is just a joke and instead she plans to surprise release the best album of her career: “Mother”, an album of songs written to her mother.
    Oh that would be so lovely
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

he's our commander still stuper venus's Avatar
    Just got another email that the date has been pushed to March 02, 2020.

That would seem to make it more likely that they could tie it to a new album.

I really feel like we're getting a covers album.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

^ I think so too. And perhaps all songs written by other women. Would make sense with the title of the book and would get press coverage.
    Robbing the muse...

^ Exactly. Not to mention it would compliment Strange Little Girls perfectly.

I would actually love to hear another covers album from her if we take Strange Little Girls as a reference point, but hopefully followed shortly by an album of original material. In 2001 she was vocally on point and the album had amazing production with amazing players complimenting her. That's what made SLG so interesting. Sadly, I don't think that's where her strength lies in these days. I think her strong point today is still writing great songs, so I would prefer original material at the end of the day.

^ maybe her friend Annie Clark (who she thanks in the liner notes of Native Invader) will help her produce the album - or at least play guitars on the album
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    ^ maybe her friend Annie Clark (who she thanks in the liner notes of Native Invader) will help her produce the album - or at least play guitars on the album
    That would be amazing! She's been around long enough and she's popular enough where she probably could call in some other famous musicians to make an album.