Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Book - An Artistic Resistance: A Blueprint for Change in 20 Songs (Sept. 3, 2019)

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar

New Book - An Artistic Resistance: A Blueprint for Change in 20 Songs (Feb. 1, 2020)

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1982104155
    Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-...med/1130070617

From one of rock music’s most influential and enduring figures, a book about engaging meaningfully with our current political moment.
    Hardcover: 176 pages

So, this is apparently what Tori was talking about with the "see me at Barnes & Noble next year" bit. The blurb doesn't specifically say Tori, but word on the street is that it is her.

*edit: ALL OF TORI'S ALBUMS and some of her notable songs like Pancake, Professional Widow, Bang, Girl Disappearing, Reindeer King, 1000 Oceans and Cornflake Girl as well as people like Amanda Palmer, Björk, Chrissie Hynde, Courtney Love, Donald Trump, Fiona Apple, Jewel, Liz Phair, Patti Smith, PJ Harvey, Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, and Stevie Nicks all also have some kind of affiliation with this book due to their names coming back with a search result on it at the publisher's website: https://www.simonandschuster.com/
    (Thanks RecoveringXian!)

*This appears to be delayed to a February 2020 release.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-11-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Interesting. So what are the 20 songs? New ones or existing or other peoples....?

I wonder if she'd ever promote a book with a few live shows, perhaps where she performs the 20 songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    Interesting. So what are the 20 songs? New ones or existing or other peoples....?
    Plot twist! They're all Britney songs

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Huzzah! She read my letters!

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Toxic could count in this climate, unless Tori still thinks it's about toxic shock syndrome lol

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1982104155

From one of rock music’s most influential and enduring figures, a book about engaging meaningfully with our current political moment.
    Hardcover: 176 pages

So, this is apparently what Tori was talking about with the "see me at Barnes & Noble next year" bit. The blurb doesn't specifically say Tori, but word on the street is that it is her.
    Not that I doubt you know what you're talking about but what leads you to believe this is her book?
    wearing the shoe 'til it fits; then I'm calling it quits

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post
    Not that I doubt you know what you're talking about but what leads you to believe this is her book?
    Well the first clue is it's 20 songs! Get ready for ADP part II!

If this is to tie in with a new album, rather than a retrospective about existing songs by other artists, I have to be honest and say I'm not sure about it. I don't think Tori is particularly successful when she is overtly political. However, if it is essentially a new anti-Trump/Brexit album, I expect it will get lots of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakefrompele View Post
    Well the first clue is it's 20 songs! Get ready for ADP part II!
    She really needs to bring the dolls back. I need to hear Pip live.

If this pans out, it makes me wish things hadn't gone sour with Paulina Otylie Surys.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    Oh! I automatically assumed it was existing songs.
    New songs make more sense to me, seeing as they are only 20 in number. That is about 9 pages per song, which seems pretty long for someone who rarely wants to reveal the true meaning of certain texts. Or maybe I'm not understanding the format. Did she confirm that she is the author yet at all?
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If this pans out, it makes me wish things hadn't gone sour with Paulina Otylie Surys.
    Sour?!?? Wha? Native Invader is my favourite Tori artwork after FTCH...

I don’t think these are new songs. These are likely existing Amos songs where she opens up about them.
    New album not until 2020.

Unless she has been inspired in 2018. But a political album scares me unless it’s done like NI.

But she said Barnes and Nobles and this says BOOK - so it her old songs or her take on other artists songs. Cash grab before she writes the next album. lol.
    Robbing the muse...

Just saw the Downtown record thing from Billboard... maybe this is a new album?!???
    Robbing the muse...

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Just saw the Downtown record thing from Billboard... maybe this is a new album?!???
    I think she is just taking publishing off her plate (Sword and Stone) and letting someone else do it now. Her parents were a big part of Sword and Stone weren't they? I'm sure what with her father's age and mother's illness, it's not something they can take on moving forward.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo