Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Book - An Artistic Resistance: A Blueprint for Change in 20 Songs (May 20, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    I’m all for this idea but with only 20 songs... does that seem like a short book? Maybe she’ll devote 3 or 4 pages of each entry to her chef or the staff around her country house You guys know that no matter how hard you wish, it’s gonna be Piece By Piece II in some way.
    I love that Rose is your avatar now lol. Oh and you're right, it will be Piece by Piece II. Will there be a glossy section in the middle with couture outfits though?
    Last edited by Nateb; 01-08-2019 at 08:20 PM.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylon View Post
    What does this mean?
    The Upside Down from Stranger Things. I love love LOVE the cover so much.

I was remembering that when ADP was announced, it was going to have only 20 songs; "Posse bonus", "Smokey Joe" and "Dragon" appeared later.
    let's hope this is not what the book is about, although I must admit I'd like to read a ten pages essay about "Fat slut".
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Is it possible that this could be another visual type book like Comic Book Tattoo? The title mentions "artistic" and "blueprint", so maybe there are lots of visuals to fill in the 176 pages?

I just don't see how Tori could have 176 pages of things to say about 20 songs by other people - or who would be interested in reading about that unless they are hardcore fans.

Although the description is intriguing about "engaging meaningfully" - I don't know what Tori will say besides avoiding the tax man.

Pretty sure this is not new songs or even her own songs - or else they likely would have put her lyrics in the title or the name of the new album in the title. Like "comic book tattoo" or "Piece by Piece".

Not really excited about this - am much more interested in the new song(s?) coming out for the Netflix show... or hearing more about whatever next album she is working on.

Pairing the sale of a book around the same time as a new album would probably be a good business move. Particularly if the album touched on the political (in a good way like Scarlet or NI) and then the book was sold around the same time like TBK and PbP.
    Last edited by Beelust; 01-09-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Is it possible that this could be another visual type book like Comic Book Tattoo? The title mentions "artistic" and "blueprint", so maybe there are lots of visuals to fill in the 176 pages?

I just don't see how Tori could have 176 pages of things to say about 20 songs by other people - or who would be interested in reading about that unless they are hardcore fans.

Although the description is intriguing about "engaging meaningfully" - I don't know what Tori will say besides avoiding the tax man.

Pretty sure this is not new songs or even her own songs - or else they likely would have put her lyrics in the title or the name of the new album in the title. Like "comic book tattoo" or "Piece by Piece".

Not really excited about this - am much more interested in the new song(s?) coming out for the Netflix show... or hearing more about whatever next album she is working on.

Pairing the sale of a book around the same time as a new album would probably be a good business move. Particularly if the album touched on the political (in a good way like Scarlet or NI) and then the book was sold around the same time like TBK and PbP.
    And it's aligned sorta with her every 2 years for a new album history.

I'm presuming that the next studio album will be released in 2020 considering Tori said about a tour for that year at the m&g in London for the TLP show last summer....i predict May 2020 for the album.....of course i'd love if she had a new release to coincide with this book and as she mentioned,Barnes and Noble at the London show i am hoping she will do a book signing (if indeed there are plans for book signings) here in the uk..probably just London....anyway, i'm intrigued as to what the nature of this book will be.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    What if she's just the editor and this is a collection of short essays by 20 artists discussing one of their songs and how they are trying to use creativity to respond to politics? She could write an intro or something and have a short section on her own songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Not to sound defensive but I think this part is a little uncalled for. I suggest you to check out her interviews for Native Invader. She has a lot of interesting, profound things to say.

i agree that she has smart, well-informed things to say.
    i agree her songs are often political.
    she does not, however, involve herself in the world of political activism.
    i think that's where the disconnect is for me.
    (so far. of course, who knows what this book will end up being. just speaking on what the title sounds like.)

Quote Originally Posted by tart View Post
    i agree that she has smart, well-informed things to say.
    i agree her songs are often political.
    she does not, however, involve herself in the world of political activism.
    i think that's where the disconnect is for me.
    (so far. of course, who knows what this book will end up being. just speaking on what the title sounds like.)
    Plus, we don't know for sure it's even her book.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    I'll laugh if it's not even her book. I don't think anyone actually has any proof at this point, correct me if I'm wrong
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

So would I. Where is this street the word is on and who said what?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    So would I. Where is this street the word is on and who said what?
    Good question. It's just "word on the street is..." every time it's shared in a Tori group.

So bright it blinded me... RecoveringXian's Avatar
    Did a little digging, and found that the publisher is Atria, a division of Simon and Schuster. On the Atria website, lo and behold, we have a Tori connection:

So bright it blinded me... RecoveringXian's Avatar
    Also, in the bestsellers rankings on amazon.ca:

Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Feminist Theory
    Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs

Amazon.com:

Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Advocacy
    Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
    Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Human Rights