Thread: 2019 Albums

Icon15 2019 Albums

Must be time for this!

Very excited for a new one from the delightful Stealing Sheep:

Stealing Sheep - Joking Me

And also cellist/looper Julia Kent:

Julia Kent - Imbalance (Official Video)

What are you anticipating?
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Yes please want it now thanks

I've been starting to jot down 2019 stuff to look out for, even though a lot don't have firm release dates yet. I think we'll see most of them this year, though.

Ryan Adams announced three 2019 albums yesterday, starting with "Big Colors" in April. There's also:

Lana Del Rey
    Amy Studt
    Maggie Rogers (I'm not a superfan yet but I'm definitely curious about the full album)
    Dido
    David Gray
    Guster
    Chantal Kreviazuk & Raine Maida
    Joan Osborne
    Leigh Nash

Patty Griffin should have one but no formal news on that front since it was mentioned in an article last year (that I'm aware of). Curious to see if Alanis makes her comeback (though I didn't love the new songs she did live).

I usually list stuff in this thread that I'd like to see but probably isn't in the works, but at this point it's just "Tracy Chapman and Poe" every year, and the former seems to be retired, while the latter just wants to actively fuck with us.
    Last edited by Nick; 01-09-2019 at 06:08 PM.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    MISS FIONA APPLE PLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    MISS FIONA APPLE PLZ

YES, PLEASE! I was listening to Every Single Night yesterday. I hadn't listened to that song it quite some time. Man, that woman.....

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Just put Electra Heart on for the first time in... 4 years? Jesus, time flies. Now I'm seeing Marina is hopefully putting her fourth album out in April. I'm excited for Jenny Lewis' new album which is supposed to come out at the same time.
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

Now that's a welcome surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    MISS FIONA APPLE PLZ
    YES. Obviously not getting my hopes up with her but it was encouraging to see her in the studio last year.

Also hoping for Carly Rae Jepsen sooner rather than later.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Rooting for Purity Ring to finally release the album they allegedly finished recording in May last year.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

^YAAAAS, must have new Purity Ring!

Chelsea Wolfe!

I'm excited and/or curious for a few albums:

Grimes - This will probably be really good. Not much else to say.
    TR/ST - Slug, Bicep and Destroyer are already out and there's a clip of another song. So what's the hold up!?!?!?
    Fiona Apple - I'm not as big a fan of The Idler Wheel as most fans, but at her worst, Fiona is still really good!
    Ladytron - Finally a new album! Unfortunately, I fear that this will sound too much like those lame Marnie solo albums. I haven't heard The Island, but The Animals sounds like by the numbers Ladytron.
    Owen Pallett - In 2017 he said the album was almost finished and that he was working on one important song. Surely 'Island' will be released in 2019?
    Azealia Banks - She's an awful person, but since she's obviously mentally ill, I find it strangely easy to look past her nastiness. This could be good.
    The Cranberries - This will be a very emotional experience for several reasons. Even the album title is depressing: In the End. And for some reason, the album cover looks like an instant classic to me (like an album cover that could have been released in the early 90s). However, I think this band 'lost it' after WUaStC.
    Orgy - This is just morbid curiosity, because I know it'll be one of the worst things I hear in all of 2019. This band's comeback has been a sad affair.
    Madonna - This will be another cringe-fest, but how can you not be curious about new Madonna? Even though I probably won't like this, I love that she's still making new music.
    Chromatics - This has been delayed for so many years, I'm not really excited about it anymore (and don't get me started on the 2010 reveal of Glass Candy's 3rd album, the still unreleased Body Work). The band keeps releasing new songs that at one point or another were meant to be on the album, so maybe 2019? A big problem for Dear Tommy is that it may not sound fresh upon release. I mean, we already have 11 songs that could be on it. ELEVEN!!! Heck, you could pretend that this album has already been released! I'm not sure how this album will avoid sounding like a compilation.
    Karen O & Danger Mouse - I don't care for the lead single, but if the rest of the album is more accessible, it could be a worthwhile release.
    Purity Ring - I liked Asido a lot and was relived that it was a return to the sounds of the first album. If more songs are similar to that one, Lofticries or Saltkin, I'll be happy.
    The Chemical Brothers - The video for Free Yourself is fantastic!!! This duo always has a few gems worth digging up.
    SPC ECO (pretty much Curve 2.0; this is for when I'm craving a new Garbage album) - They have been putting out an album per year since 2010, but skipped 2018. Maybe a new album will come out in 2019 or they will just release a bunch of stand-alone songs.

These are a possibility, but could very easily slip into 2020:
    Sune Rose Wagner (of The Raveonettes) - He may just release a bunch of stray songs. I don't really care. His lyrics have turned pretty nasty lately and it seems like he's forgotten how to write hooks.
    Placebo - They've exploited all sorts of bottom of the barrel releases lately (including another singles compilation), so maybe 2019 will see the release of their new album. They're calling it "experimental" and akin to "career suicide", so we'll see how it goes. I'm kind of intrigued. Some of their weird b-sides are excellent (Little Mo, Ion), so this could go either way.
    Alanis Morissette - I'm sure her husband could look after the kids while she wraps up the album.
    Tegan and Sara - They said they'd start recording in 2019 and have a book coming out in Fall 2019. Their releases could coincide, or maybe they will choose to space them out. I doubt the band will have everything ready for a 2019 release. They probably have to put together videos and set up a tour.
    Garbage - I think it was Steve that said this album will likely come out in early 2020, though he did mention the very end of 2019 as a possibility.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Excellent new album from The Twilight Sad out today.

New Sharon van Etten today as well! I'm going to pop to the record shop near work on my lunch break to check it out!