Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Albums

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I really only have limited knowledge of Sharon van Etten's work, but I'm really enjoying the new album!!! Just what I needed to hear today.

Her (Sharon Van Etten's) new record is pretty great and I encourage everyone to listen, even those who have been deterred by past work. It's pretty different. Produced by the same guy who produces much of St. Vincemts stuff I think. It has the same base "vibe" that lots of Sharon Van etten songs share, but very beat driven.

I'm usually apprehensive when one of my favorite artists go the route of heavy synths, but I'm In love with Remind Me Tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Excellent new album from The Twilight Sad out today.

You just made my day!!! I had completely forgotten this was coming. I adore Nobody Want to Be Here and Nobody Wants to Leave, so I'm excited for this new release. Thank you!!!

The new SVE is great. It's getting a lot of plays here!

Also:

I am ready!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I've been really enjoying the new James Blake album. I love what he does, but sometimes his albums can be hit or miss for me. This one is a definite hit. I've been playing his album and Sharon van Etten's album in rotation.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming "making-of" documentary and album from Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace) and Chantal Kreviazuk. And not just because Raine is a pleasure to look at.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Sharon Van Etten's "Seventeen" is an IMMENSE anthem and I have listened to it dozens of times already. Sadly her other music has never clicked for me and neither do most of the songs on the new album, but that one song really knocked me on my ass.

"AFRAID YOU'LL BE!!! JUST LIKE ME!!!!" = I'm screaming along

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm looking forward to the upcoming "making-of" documentary and album from Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace) and Chantal Kreviazuk. And not just because Raine is a pleasure to look at.

I didn't know this was coming. Chantal looks so different, but can't say exactly what looks different on her. Raine, I love him, he's beautiful.
    Now, about the concept of the movie... do I want to watch a documentary about a couple fighting while doing a record? Uhm.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Loving this:

Better Oblivion Community Center Performs 'Dylan Thomas'

In their first-ever public performance together as Better Oblivion Community Center, Conor Oberst and Phoebe Bridgers debut their song 'Dylan Thomas' on the Late Show.
    Extensive interview with Phoebe and Conor about BOCC over here.

New TR/ST album Destroyer Pt. 1 out 4/19 with Part 2 to follow later this year:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...gone-destroyer

He also premiered the single, "Gone":

I'm enjoying the lighter sound, which aligns with the teaser songs we've heard so far. Also very pleased that Maya is back on board!

Beirut’s new one “Gallipoli” just came out and is wonderful!

Joy Williams formerly of The Civil Wars has a new one out in May; happily sounds like a more stripped back album after a bit of a heavier produced sound on her solo debut a few years ago.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    New Andrew Bird album, March 22nd. LOVE the album cover!

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    New TR/ST album Destroyer Pt. 1 out 4/19 with Part 2 to follow later this year:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...gone-destroyer

He also premiered the single, "Gone":

I'm enjoying the lighter sound, which aligns with the teaser songs we've heard so far. Also very pleased that Maya is back on board!
    YOU JUST MADE MY WHOLE MONTH!!!!!! Thank you very much! I'm so insanely excited for these releases! Shame the album was split into 2, though