Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Nevertheless, she persisted. Steve SFM's Avatar
    That thing when he went after Peter Alexander of NBC just shows that he hasn't changed one fucking bit.
    In November, vote for the candidate who believes in science.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^At no point did I ever think he would. I'm worried this virus will decimate the US. Between the stock dumping, the feds buying up medical supplies after telling states to buy the supplies themselves, piecemeal approach by individuals states, unemployment skyrocketing, economic collapse....I can't see this ending well. I worry we will be a much larger version of Italy.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Look, no one should gift this to Biden out of some "it's his turn" narrative. And who knows who else will get corona or why Joe's just not out there every day play acting president. And I know there are plenty of states who haven't voted, but Bernie would have to win them all by such a large margin that he's really mathematically eliminated ... so what is he doing?

I think his supporters want him to stay in. I think staying in pulls Biden to the left, and gives Bernie's movement more influence over the Democratic platform. I also think that between Biden's somewhat shaky performance as a candidate, and the current crisis we're in, there's a non-zero chance that something unexpected could happen with Biden's candidacy.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    But, like in 2016, isn't there a point where staying in hurts the Dem more? I mean, it seems like we're there now and that Bernie cannot accept the majority of people don't want him, but maybe it is too early. It feels like a vague threat. "I'll stay in as long as I need to so you do what I tell you." The point of Bernie running, theoretically, isn't for his own glory but to make the country better. And fucking up Biden's candidacy so Trump wins again? That's bad. BAD.

If Joe gets corona and doesn't make it or is too ill to continue, are the delegates going to vote for Bernie? I don't know that all of them would. His criticism of the party, of the harassment by his supporters, his staying in the race too long two election cycles... it doesn't win him delegates. I'm sure the DNC would have "allowed" him to be the nominee had he won the votes, but I don't know that he'd get delegate votes without having 50%+ or really close to it if Joe's a no-show in July.

I mean, maybe it's too early. I don't know. I just see shades of 2016 again and with an international, planet-changing event, it seems extra unnecessary.

And I get it. Who *wants* Joe? But it is what it is and we have to go to war with the army we have, not the army we want.

Bernie's going to burn down the house like he did in 2016. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything other than his own ego. I see no reason to stay in the race with a worldwide pandemic happening other than for his own vanity.

At this point, all those Bernie or bust people are getting what they want. We've busted. Now what? Is Susan Surandon going to cure coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    Bernie's going to burn down the house like he did in 2016. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything other than his own ego. I see no reason to stay in the race with a worldwide pandemic happening other than for his own vanity.

At this point, all those Bernie or bust people are getting what they want. We've busted. Now what? Is Susan Surandon going to cure coronavirus?
    Have you seen the alternatives to Bernie Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    I think his supporters want him to stay in. I think staying in pulls Biden to the left, and gives Bernie's movement more influence over the Democratic platform. I also think that between Biden's somewhat shaky performance as a candidate, and the current crisis we're in, there's a non-zero chance that something unexpected could happen with Biden's candidacy.
    He sucks as a candidate. He's one of the worst candidates in modern history. He's a moderate in a time of crisis (was a moderate anyway). He's terrible on women's issues. Someone just recently came out about him assaulting them. Sanders on the other hand is fighting for everyone in the Senate, and getting results, like he's always done.

So, why would he drop out? It's not vanity. It's literally doing the heavy lifting while everyone else sits on their ass and says, "Drop out Bernie! Fuck you!"
    Last edited by uncanny hats; 03-26-2020 at 12:39 PM.

More on Joe Biden assaulting Tara Reade. Will it hurt Biden? I don't think so. People hate Bernie Sanders and his vision so much.