Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we find out more!

That's some bedbug-provost level of cluelessness.

Speaking of bedbugs

Tensions mount between Trump, Pence camps heading into 2020 election

But behind the scenes, tensions have been mounting among Trump, Pence and their top advisers ever since the GOP’s resounding losses in the 2018 midterms. In the weeks afterward, Trump asked aides about replacing Pence on the ticket, and he asked again for their thoughts on Pence during his August vacation at his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., according to Trump advisers who spoke on condition of anonymity to talk about private discussions with the president.

But the relationship between their political teams has soured greatly in the past year, according to a dozen Trump and Pence aides and Republican advisers familiar with the dynamic. In particular, rumors that Kushner and Ivanka Trump wanted to consider replacements for Pence — specifically trying to find a woman running mate to help win back the suburbs in 2020 — have worried the vice president’s camp, according to Trump and Pence campaign advisers who spoke on background for this story.

Dem debate starts in 90 minutes on ABC. Or at least the broadcast. I don't know if they're all going to start yelling at each other at 8pm est.

I got some snacks ready to go. I am feeling an incoming shit storm, but I could just be mad in general about Trump

I haven’t even watched any of them. I don’t plan to. At this point I’ll vote for anyone who isn’t Trump. Unless it’s Marianne or Tulsi, then I’ll move to Ireland.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    The field is going to have to get much smaller before I start watching. Right now it's just a shouting match.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    then I’ll move to Ireland.
    Here, you'll need this

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think this was such a great debate. They all had really good moments. Each candidate, even Beto, has a soundbite or clip that was so strong.
    Warren was wonderful but she didn’t stand out so powerfully as the last two debates.
    Biden has more energy but he and Sanders seem to have the same problem which is having such a successful and long career is having twice as much to apologize for from their record.

Edit: what were the protesters screaming?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I "only" caught about an hour. I know it sucks for mountain and pacific people when it starts early but I don't want to stay up to 11 on a weeknight for a third primary debate.

So I didn't hear the protesters.

What I did see was a lot of desperation from everyone but Warren.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    What I did see was a lot of desperation from everyone but Warren.
    Yes! The more I watch the debates, the more I feel my support solidifying for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Yes! The more I watch the debates, the more I feel my support solidifying for her.
    Yeah, me too. ALTHOUGH I WILL VOTE FOR THE NOMINEE REGARDLESS. But the desperation I felt wasn't based on my feelings for her. It was Bernie and Biden trying to stay on top and the other 7 trying to be in the top three. No one but Warren felt natural and unrehearsed. I don't mind like... pat lines and stump speeches in the proper context... but in THIS context I'm supposed to be weighing these people on their own merits, not the "quippy" lines their people came up with in advance.

I got on the Warren band wagon after reading an article about her teaching methods. My husband's dream ticket is Warren/Buttigieg. I could be OK with that!

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    No, they need a person of color. A Warren running mate could be Booker or Castro (although the latter showed his ass last night). Or Harris!
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Warren and Stacey Abrams sounds good to me.

We are from Indiana. Buttigieg and Pence vying for the same roll would be amazing; Buttigieg a gay veteran and Pence being one of the most homophobic people on the fucking planet.

Pence did back down when businesses and GENCON threaten to leave Indiana.