Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Democrats who don’t follow politics closely probably haven’t even been exposed to Harris or Buttigieg as candidates yet..and I really disagree with the idea that people wouldn’t rally around them. I think they are both extremely charismatic and their common sense/no nonsense styles are a great antidote to Trump’s belligerence and the negativity that surrounds him.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    While I think impeachment should have happened on Day 1 (Emoluments clause alone at first, giant snowball of shit every day since), I can understand to a certain degree caution. Or planning. And, for a little while, giving Nancy the benefit of the doubt.

But this? This is ridiculous. Granted, I think W and Nixon probably should have gone to prison and you could convince me Reagan too. It shouldn't be used as a tool, but when such egregious violations are happening, looking away from this just because of an office he probably illegally obtained is just as destructive to our democracy.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    [QUOTE=.chris;562395] The democrats are really bad at controlling media narratives./QUOTE]

Never were truer words spoken!

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    trump is running this administration like a dictator in a developing country. So yeah, he should definitely go to prison. We have children in concentration camps and people are like "well maybe he is doing his best." What the fuck will it take?

Blatant corruption, gross incompetence, and tanking numbers for Republicans are NO MATCH for the cluelessness of Democrats

In case someone higher up the chain did not see and authorize this (or pretends that's the case after the backlash comes and they take it down), it's a purple stylized pic of Trump with BOY BYE 2020 in big white blocky letters over it. Text some number and get the free wallpaper! Guys! It's so hip and fresh! Forced memes are always such a hit, and people disgusted with Trump will surely want his no-chin on their phones!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    good lord it is so pathetic

Democrats are idiots, honestly. People on the left may have great ideas but they absolutely suck balls when it comes to messaging, having a backbone, or knowing how to read a room.

The sniping is starting. Bernie's starting to get cranky and people are calling him and Biden out. First debate next week. We're still months away from the first caucus and primary, but I think the second night of the debate, when it's all the big names but Warren, is going to be intense. I think they're all going to gang up on Biden and I don't think he's going to be able to withstand it. Not that he'll crumble and pull out of the race, but that he'll double down and be fucking awful and then he'll get the nom and depress turnout enthusiasm.

Shit like this is going to keep coming out and he's never going to apologize or show growth.

And fuck this weirdo

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    or show growth.
    That is what is most frustrating to me about Biden. It is like he is determined to never admit mistakes or show any growth. It is really disheartening to see and says a lot about his ego. I'm hoping that his candidacy flames out sooner than later. I think there is a lot of potential for him to really burn out in the early debates.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    That is what is most frustrating to me about Biden. It is like he is determined to never admit mistakes or show any growth. It is really disheartening to see and says a lot about his ego.
    Right? He doesn't even have to say he was WRONG. He can be like "Yeah, I wasn't the most lefty, progressive guy back then, but I was pretty middle of the road and if I could do it again knowing what I know now, I'd be different. People change and I promise to keep on trying for you."

But no, he'd rather just whip out the Obama friendship bracelet picture and pretend it's 2008 and our country isn't fracturing.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I don’t mind him saying he can work across the aisle, but the way he said it was all wrong. That boy/son shit was astoundingly stupid.

Meanwhile, Warren said she was willing to look at decriminalizing sex work. Given the number of lefties that bitterly oppose that (don’t get me started), that took guts. Over and over, she shows herself to be best in the field.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Go Liz go!

I was really worried that she was "over" when she did the DNA test, but it's so wonderful watching her climb back up

I.... can't.

My guess in no particular order

First Dem debate starts in about half an hour. It'll be on, but I won't be intensely watching. It's still too early, but maybe we'll get some "XYZ is suspending his/her campaign" statements later this week. That'll help.

You know what's NOT going to help? This fucking guy

Bernie Sanders won't commit to leaving the race if he fails to secure the democratic nomination

White House hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) declined to commit to exit the presidential primary race before the Democratic convention if he fails to win the party’s nomination.

“I intend to be the Democratic nominee,” he said on MSNBC Wednesday.

“Some people say that if maybe that system was not rigged against me, I would have won the nomination and defeated Donald Trump. That’s what some people say. So I think we’re going to play it out,” he added. “So our goal right now is to win it, and by the way as you may now poll after poll shows what against Trump? It shows me beating Trump by 8, 9, or 10 points. We’re going to beat Trump, we’re going to win the Democratic nomination. “
    Fuck you. Just endless Fuck Yous. I regret every vote I ever gave him and I have serious qualms about the general should he somehow prevail.

Rigged system my ass. You have no significant legislative achievements despite being in Congress since the late 80s, early 90s. You aren't a Democrat. That matters WHEN YOU RUN IN A DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY. I don't care that you caucus with us (oh, except on gun legislation and Russian sanctions) most of the time. You have not put in the time and/or money and/or effort through the party system like everyone else and expect everyone to fall all over themselves kissing your EIGHTY-THREE year old ass.

I think elderly people have LOTS to offer. But I don't think the presidency is a great idea.

You didn't get as many votes as Hillary. Period. There was no rigging. And for someone who wants the Dem nomination, you don't talk about how *she* was robbed in the general. Oh, but that couldn't have had anything to do with your petulance, right? She lost by so few votes in so few states that of course your sulking into July when you mathematically lost back in like April had NOTHING to do with people voting Stein just for spite.

Ugh.