Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

I haven't watched any debates. At this point I don't care. I'll basically vote for anyone but Trump or Tulsi Gabbard. I'm so jaded by politics. It's all theater. We can talk about how authentic the candidates are, or how relatable they are (or aren't), but at the end of the day we know everything they say has been considered and focus grouped. That's politics. As much as I like Warren, for example, it's obvious that filming her phone calls to supporters and sharing them on Twitter is just a way to try and catch people's attention and give her a slightly different approach to what the other candidates are doing. I don't care about all that. I don't need Elizabeth Warren to call me. I didn't need Hillary Clinton to be likable. I need people who are smart enough to know when we're getting played by dictators in other countries, and who aren't selling us out for favors. Everything else is just noise.

I'm also tired of watching the in-fighting on social media where liberals are trying to out-progressive each other. I just want to tell them all to die in a fire. It's so petty and ridiculous when you look around and see the damage being done under our current mashed-potato-brained president.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm also tired of watching the in-fighting on social media where liberals are trying to out-progressive each other. I just want to tell them all to die in a fire. It's so petty and ridiculous when you look around and see the damage being done under our current mashed-potato-brained president.
    I've pretty much unfollowed all political accounts at this point. It is just gross.

Pete had a really bad night. I thought Joe seemed more on his game than usual but he still just comes off as slightly out of it. But I am starting to think he’s the best shot we have out of all them, especially if he has a good running mate. I thought Amy made a good point that at the end of the day we need a candidate who can appeal to the people who voted for Trump last time around and now regret it or at least are open to change (and I know plenty of people in my extended family and beyond who did so not taking it seriously).

All that being said, I have been staying mostly off Twitter because I can’t handle seeing everyone on the left tear down our own candidates for sport. It’s all so gross and ego driven, people just love the feeling of “dunking” on someone. I do honestly think we will be getting another 4 years of Trump most likely. Like I said above, Biden is the only one I can really see winning at all and even then I’m so cynical of it all that I don’t honestly think it will even be a fair election. Like even if Biden were to win, Trump will just say it’s rigged. It’s not like he’s just going to lose and leave gracefully.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 12-20-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I don't think Biden can beat #3 formally #45. Even though the Barisma thing is mostly bullshit and #3's own family is doing what Hunter is being accused of, it will be used against Biden the whole campaign.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It's been a rough week for women I thought I liked stepping into fights that don't involve them and really making things worse and being disappointing

If you like Pete, fine. If you think he's plucky and earnest and represents your beliefs, fine. If the stuff people have against him is not pinging your buttons, fine. I'll vote for him if he gets the nom. It's fine. But jfc what are you anti-warren people doing? Billionaire influence is INSIDIOUS and a travesty and Citizens United was one of the worst decisions ever by the SCOTUS. You know, the court that allowed slavery and disenfranchisement of everyone but landed white men for 240ish years. A billionaire has a billion times the say that you or I do in how things are run. They shouldn't be stripped of citizenship rights like voting, but their influence extends so far beyond that that to pretend that Warren is like ... racist against rich people is the fucking stupidest thing I read today, and I saw dumb Trump retweets.

I swear i'm not trying to pick on Pete but this is batshit crazy and I love Ashley's (she found Pierre Delecto!) fucked up brain. She'd have fit in here so well. Imagine having someone like her around at new album time.

Part of me is like "Yeah it's just a staffer and it's no big deal" but part of me is like "but... the watch and the timing and the wedding band guy..." And like she says as she ends it, it's not BAD, it's not CRIMINAL, it's just WEIRD and it makes it even weirder if it is you and you deny it. I guess you couldn't confirm it, but you could be like "staffer" or "intern". So then maybe it's not him but who else would know such weird personal stuff but then why deny it (and my brain is going in circles)

Jesus Christ. If she'd put 1/4 of that effort into investigating Devin Nunes or Lev Parnas, we might actually uncover something useful and she wouldn't just be wasting her (and everyone else's) time.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Don't give me hard attack! The debates don't start until June! I'm honestly trying to think as little about the primary as possible. It is way too early. I have two hopes for this election season: 1. I'm hoping the candidates really push each other to get more and more aggressive on Trump. With everything going on including possible Mueller reports released, there is going to be a lot of opportunity to show leadership and strength here. 2. For everyone to stop seeing this in terms of a Bernie wing vs Hillary wing lens. It is fucking outdated, pointless, and serves no other purpose than for people to feel high and mighty on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    I wish I could vote.
    I'm glad you can't. Typical attitude for the Russia appeasers, I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I'm glad you can't. Typical attitude for the Russia appeasers, I might add.
    Wishing I could vote = typical of Russia appeasers? Makes no sense, which makes perfect sense coming from you, I might add.

Does anybody remember that facebook post that was driving us lefties nuts in 2016. It basically listed all the things that those anti-Obama (racists) had to put up under his LEADERSHIP. It mentioned the beer summit and other things they had to deal with under Obama that made them uncomfortable. I have been digging around trying to find it, so I can make on in comparison about all the things that Trump has done.

The problem is I closed my facebook from that time!

Ugh this #NeverWarren shit I can't believe this is happening again.

Being driven by bots and chaos agents, just like 2016.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    We're definitely going to be partying like its 2016 - only probably much worse, since we've done literally nothing to prevent this or prosecute it legislatively, so the companies doing this shit have had a hall pass to focus on getting better and more sophisticated for years now.

I have a really dumb theory on who leaked it: a Pete or Biden person. Bernie and Warren don't want to talk about it and it makes them both look bad. Who benefits? Pete or Biden.

I 100% believe Bernie said it but despite my distaste for him, it was probably more like "Sucks that a woman can't seem to win" than "Bow out bitch, I got this." His misogyny is more subtle and enabling than overt like that. And how rattled he got on stage about the "I did win against a republican 30 years ago" concerns me a little. He was a grade-a asshole, but also makes me question if he can hear and definitely if he can listen. I mean, everyone can have a moment but he did just have a heart attack. Reassure me in some way that it was a one-off thing.

But what I was just thinking before I even opened this thread is that Bernie bros need to take the L on this one, even if somehow it was all Warren's fault. Their sulking and pouting and badmouthing Hillary contributed to Trump's election? Of course it's not their fault. That's not fair. But it contributed to that toxic atmosphere and those assholes didn't learn their lesson and will burn everything down if they don't get their way. (And that's why I hate Bernie now because he knows what is done in his name and he pretends not to know about it or that it matters).