Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

It doesn't take much to rip us into pieces.

Dem presidential debates start in a few weeks. It's disgracefully early to even be thinking about this as civilians. But alas, we're in the darkest timeline and we're just looking to get out of this so badly.

This was a good rundown of the apparent top contenders of the moment. Look, I don't really stan for any of them as President, or at least as a candidate. Like I think Warren would be excellent but I would need gallons of Pepto to survive the campagin. And it's super early. But I would, however reluctantly, vote for any of these people, even Oprah over even the most moderate Republican. Unless you're bringing back the re-animated corpse of Eisenhower or Lincoln, gtfo if you caucus with the GOP. And no 3rd party lefty for me.

I also think it's too early because we don't know what's going to happen in the next year. When will this shut down end? When will McConnell and the rest of the Senate Republicans take their fair share of blame for this mess? Will they face electoral consequences? The Senate map is better in 2020 than 2018, but it's not great. Do we have enough momentum to overcome that this time? What about any more potential cowardly GOP Senators that might "retire" rather than exert their checks and balances powers?

If people are fed up with both Trump, assuming he is still President, and the GOP, they might not vote Dem, but they might just not show up at all.

And does anyone think a legit primary challenger on the right could emerge?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Don't give me hard attack! The debates don't start until June! I'm honestly trying to think as little about the primary as possible. It is way too early. I have two hopes for this election season: 1. I'm hoping the candidates really push each other to get more and more aggressive on Trump. With everything going on including possible Mueller reports released, there is going to be a lot of opportunity to show leadership and strength here. 2. For everyone to stop seeing this in terms of a Bernie wing vs Hillary wing lens. It is fucking outdated, pointless, and serves no other purpose than for people to feel high and mighty on social media.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    Don't give me hard attack! The debates don't start until June!
    Oh, GOOD. I was mistaken. I thought it was earlier!

(But June is still too early for my taste)

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    *heart attack. Good lord. I'm a fucking mess at typing lately.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I'm not ready for this either. Ugh.

chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Did I miss something..why are people still including Oprah in the list of contenders when she’s said she’s definitely not running?

The 2016 election still hasn't ended. I'm so sick of politics. No wonder people get jaded and don't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The 2016 election still hasn't ended. I'm so sick of politics. No wonder people get jaded and don't vote.
    Srsly.

I'm stressed because I don't even know the name yet of anyone I believe will beat Trump. I am, however, certain that the name is not Bernie...

^ Agree. Nor is it Elizabeth Warren.

What about Kamala Harris?
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

So far I love her.

I love Kamala Harris, but does anyone really think she stands a chance in this racist, nationalist climate? So far out of everyone who's thrown their hat in the ring, she's my favorite. I just don't feel confident about it.

I've enjoyed watching her tough questioning in Senate hearings, but I'm troubled by her record as a prosecutor: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/o...l-justice.html