Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: US Elections 2020 - These little earthquakes. Here we go again.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    If the Big Macs took out Trump today,
    I WOULD LIKE TO CALL EVERYONE'S ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT I SAID THIS JUST A FEW HOURS BEFORE HE HAD A "ROUTINE" PHYSICAL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT UNSCHEDULED ON A SATURDAY.

I hope he's holding up well under the stress that he's caused himself. Hopefully the doc gave him a prescription for a strong dose of Shut the Eff Up, because that's the best thing he could do in order to feel better.

I just heard comedian Clark Jones call Biden "The person who was a plus one to a party and stayed after his friend left" and I don't think anything sums it up better.

Oh and there's a fucking debate Wednesday. Castro didn't make it but the weirdos and the unqualified billionaire did.

I can't think of much I'm less enthusiastic for than watch these idiots rip each other apart during an impeachment hearings week.

The White House has an entire medical unit where they can perform a lot of procedures and are equipped to handle medical emergencies. (Example: When Reagan was shot in 1981, they were actually going to take him back to the White House; it was only when he coughed up blood on the way that they diverted to the hospital because it was closer.)

So Trump's impromptu hospital visit really was weird, and the official statement is clearly bullshit. Seen speculation it may have been for an MRI or something like that, because they can't do those at the White House.

There is video of him leaving the WH to go to Walter Reed, and the man who gets into the seat next to him has been identified as the WH physician. So he was accompanied there by the doctor. Someone also pointed out that they got into one of the regular unmarked SUVs but not “The Beast” which is the limo the president usually travels in. It all sounded very rushed. My guess is he had an irregular EKG and needed to get him to the hospital. All the stress can’t be good for him, especially at his age/weight/health level.

It's so good that they've been transparent and honest since day one so we can take them at their word.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    I think it's fishy, and I'm not generally Conspiracy Guy. For one thing, Trump is at least 350 pounds. I know this, because I used to BE 350 pounds. (237 now.) Plus his diet is shit, he doesn't exercise, and his presidency is crumbling. Yeah, I doubt highly that he's in good health.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

He looks absolutely terrible today too. Like worse than normal.

He's puffy, his color is off. His hair is wrong. Some speculation his hair is wrong because he wasn't able to do his own... whatever it is he does. Cotton candy machine?

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^Executive time. Weaving that pelt into something like a hair style would take hours.

I hesitate to say he had a stroke but something is wrong. There was a clip on Twitter with him super enunciating "thank you" over and over. In the background staffers are screaming at the reporters there to leave. It's definitely weird.
    Last edited by MTC; 11-20-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Cotton candy machine?
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

This sucks. I know there were some issues, but she's better than all but a couple of the people still running

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I think that NY Times article the other day was the end for her. Her campaign had no money left. They hadn't run a TV or facebook ad in a month. The campaign was at odds with itself and in the end they all ran to the NY Times to bitch about each other. Not good at all. If she had a better campaign manager she could have gotten further.

That said, more people need to drop out, like yesterday.

ETA-

On a different note. I'm actually a little scared at how much traction Bloomberg seems to be getting already At Thanksgiving I heard a lot of people talking him up. I hate how the other candidates have been battling it out month after month and this guy just strolls on in.
    Last edited by .chris; 12-03-2019 at 07:41 PM.

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    I gotta say, I'm upset about Kamala. I know she had a few problematic aspects, but all of them do, and all of them are better than Trump. She, to me, would have been one of the more electable ones in the general. In a lot of ways she's the exact opposite of Trump. Plus, can you imagine how she would shine in a debate against him? Not to mention, it pisses me off that morons like Tulsi and Yang are still in the mix even after she's gone.

Anyway, Warren was already my #1 pick, but I'm all in for her now.

Electable is really my only criteria at this point, and while she and I never really clicked, I still thought of her as one of the most electable (maybe with Biden and Warren). I just hope some more drop outs come soon so the remainder don't bash each other out of contention in the general.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Bloomberg is a Republican. At least that's how I feel about him.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life