Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 385

Thread: OMG I quit smoking

  1. #31
    I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,915
    .

  2. #32
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    Day #4
    No cig!

  3. #33
    I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,915
    .

  4. #34
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    Day #5
    No Cig!

    The test will come this weekend when I'm at a club a little bit tipsy. I will remain strong though. And just thinking about how much money I'm going to save, really makes me happy.

  5. #35
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    Day #6
    No Cig.

    I've been thinking about cigs a lot today, and the different social situations I might be in this weekend, and how I'll probably be craving one.

    I know this sounds silly, but the consistency of my throat is changing.

  6. #36
    That's not silly. That's your body healing itself. And if you haven't experienced it already, your lungs will soon start throwing up everything they've been holding onto all these years.

  7. #37
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    Yeah I've been coughing like a smoker, even though I haven't had one in 9 days.

  8. #38
    Venting: My state just enacted a public smoking ban. About f-in' time in my opinion. Of course now everybody on FB is all "Oh waaaa, erosion of personal freedoms." I had to respond to one of these people saying that only 19.8% of people in our state smoke, so the other 80.2% of us shouldn't be subjected to that everywhere we go. Add to that the fact that I spent the past seven months effectively a prisoner in my own home after Chantix made me super hyper sensitive to smoke, and I have no sympathy for these people who have to go outside to smoke now. Waaaa, cry me a river.

    And for the record, even when I was a smoker, I always went outside when I could because I never thought subjecting other people to my smoking was fair.

  9. #39
    see a sea anemone devnull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,253
    I totally disagree. I'm happy to be an ex smoker now, but I think public smoking bans are complete and utter crap. For instance, you can't smoke here if you're at the freaking beach, yet the area is surrounded by toxin belching cars 24-7. Stupidity. Makes me want to light one up just to spite the nanny staters.

  10. #40
    Here, the public smoking bans only have to do with indoor establishments, such as restaurants, bars, clubs, bowling alleys, etc. Essentially it's considered a ban in the workplace, to protect workers. People can still go outside for a few minutes, or smoke in a park, or walk down the street and that's all fine.

    I don't see what the big deal is about stepping outside. I never had a problem doing it when I was a smoker, but there are people actually arguing in this FB post that if I don't want to be subjected to other people's smoke when I'm sitting in a bar, or restaurant, or whatnot that I am free to stay home. I did spent the better part of seven months staying home because there were very few non-smoking establishments - it sucked. It's easy for people to say stay home when they have always had the freedom to go anywhere they want. They still DO have the freedom to go anywhere they want, they would just be asked to step out onto an open air patio (with those nifty stand up heaters to keep them warm) if they choose to smoke instead of sitting on a bar stool and subjecting everyone else in the building to it. I genuinely don't see what the big deal is about showing consideration for other people in this case.

  11. #41
    You're covered in Queen Zomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    331
    Reminds me of:


  12. #42
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    Day 11, no real cravings.

  13. #43
    Zomino - lolol that episode was fantastic.

  14. #44
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14,062
    another day without a cigarette - day 12

  15. #45
    I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,915
    .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •