Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just discovered Kate Bush!

It’s a shame they edited out some parts from the audio. There are a couple brilliant little segments that have been cut from Ninth Wave and Aerial. I can almost forgive the lack of a DVD/video component, but at least leave the full audio intact. My guess is they did it to fit the physical formats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It’s a shame they edited out some parts from the audio. There are a couple brilliant little segments that have been cut from Ninth Wave and Aerial. I can almost forgive the lack of a DVD/video component, but at least leave the full audio intact. My guess is they did it to fit the physical formats.
    God the rendition of Cloudbusting on this is so powerful. She sounds utterly triumphant.
    Last edited by Adirondak; 02-19-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondak View Post
    God the rendition of Cloudbusting on this is so powerful. She sounds utterly triumphant.
    Cloudbusting is possibly my favourite Kate Bush song, and I absolutely adore the BTD performance of it. In fact, I think I prefer it.

Also love how moved she sounds at the end - "I'll always remember this," etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post
    Not only is the music amazing, but there are just so many moments of touching pathos on Before the Dawn - you can feel the love both for her and from her, and the "specialness" of the experience for all involved. I definitely consider it one of the highlights of her career.
    I so agree. The parts when the audience is going absolutely wild and Kate says, "What an overwhelming response!" Always brings tears to my eyes. I'm glad they highlighted that.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.