Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" on Amazon Prime's "Good Omens" (Neil Gaiman)

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Post "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" on Amazon Prime's "Good Omens" (Neil Gaiman)

NYCC 2018: Neil Gaiman and ‘Good Omens’ Cast Reveal Trailer, Discuss Script

When Tori Amos saw some sequences to the upcoming Amazon Prime series Good Omens, based on the 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, she immediately jumped on board to contribute a song. “She said, ‘Absolutely, I don’t remember the last time I saw something about two sane, healthy men having a friendship,'” Neil Gaiman told Geek.com during this year’s NYCC. The relationship between angel Aziraphale, played by Michael Sheen (Masters of Sex) and David Tennant (Broadchurch), who takes on Crowley the devil—complete with a coif of red hair— is the core of the six-episode series.
    It comes out in January.

Guys. GUYS. I was already bugging out for this show.

Oh, please be better than Flickr. Doesn't have to be Siren or Butterfly good, but not Flickr....

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    "Flickr"

Theeeeeere it is... another stolen piccccc...

OMG!!!!!
    to be fair i thought flicker was fantastic *LIVE*...it was very dark and moody. but the studio version leaves a lot to be desired for my taste. i can't wait to see what she comes up with for Neil though, and I hope it's fantastic!

https://www.geek.com/news/nycc-2018-...cript-1755060/

When Tori Amos saw some sequences to the upcoming Amazon Prime series Good Omens, based on the 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, she immediately jumped on board to contribute a song. “She said, ‘Absolutely, I don’t remember the last time I saw something about two sane, healthy men having a friendship,'” Neil Gaiman told Geek.com during this year’s NYCC.

This is fantastic news! I hope it’s more Reindeer King and Native Invader-esque and not Flickr-like. It’s a great new way for Tori to gain some new fans if she brings it and the song adds to the scene it’s in and resonates.
    Robbing the muse...

So is there a new song coming out in January written for some movie or how did it go again?

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuin View Post
    So is there a new song coming out in January written for some movie or how did it go again?
    For real?

She wrote a song for Good Omens, which is a miniseries for Amazon Prime, but the only release date so far for the show is “first half of 2019”. But it looks so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    She wrote a song for Good Omens, which is a miniseries for Amazon Prime, but the only release date so far for the show is “first half of 2019”. But it looks so good!
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot all about that. People were hoping it wasn't Flicker pt. deux.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    NYCC 2018: Neil Gaiman and ‘Good Omens’ Cast Reveal Trailer, Discuss Script
    When Tori Amos saw some sequences to the upcoming Amazon Prime series Good Omens, based on the 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, she immediately jumped on board to contribute a song. “She said, ‘Absolutely, I don’t remember the last time I saw something about two sane, healthy men having a friendship,'” Neil Gaiman told Geek.com during this year’s NYCC. The relationship between angel Aziraphale, played by Michael Sheen (Masters of Sex) and David Tennant (Broadchurch), who takes on Crowley the devil—complete with a coif of red hair— is the core of the six-episode series.
    I just finished my re-read. I'm getting excited.

I just hope the song for Good Omens is not as bad as that one she did for that netflix serie. I don´t even remember the name. And I hope her voice is in better form. She can have great promotion from this.

Quote Originally Posted by datura1452 View Post
    I just hope the song for Good Omens is not as bad as that one she did for that netflix serie. I don´t even remember the name. And I hope her voice is in better form. She can have great promotion from this.
    It's called Flicker! and it's gorgeous. Best thing she's done in decades.

All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    It's called Flicker! and it's gorgeous. Best thing she's done in decades.

you think that?. Really?. Well that´s fine for you. I really disliked it! lol. I liked the instrumentation but her voice not at all.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

This is the only version of Flicker I like. Excited for the new song!

Quote Originally Posted by datura1452 View Post
    you think that?. Really?. Well that´s fine for you. I really disliked it! lol. I liked the instrumentation but her voice not at all.
    Ha, no I was joking. I don't hate it though. But your amnesia about it's title reminded me of this Mariah meme denying JLo's existence.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.