Thread: Dragula

Dragula

I don't think we've had a thread for Dragula. It's a great horror-themed drag competition.

Here is the full cast for season 3:

Louisanna Purchase
    Dollya Black
    Evah Destruction
    Hollow Eve
    Landon Cider
    Maddelynn Hatter
    Maxi Glamour
    Priscilla Chambers
    St. Lucia
    Violencia Exclamation Point
    Yovska

I'm familiar with Evah and Maddelynn, but also found a good article on Louisanna Purchase.

Evah Destruction:

Maddelynn Hatter:

Louisanna Purchase (video couldn't be imbedded but it also gives a bit more information on the show as well)
    https://www.kvue.com/article/news/en...3-a03400803afe

Landon Cider is also note worthy for being a drag king in a competition with drag queens.

Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 07-14-2019 at 02:26 PM.

I'm probably the only one watching but I frickin' love this show! Season 3 off to a great start! I'm Team Evah so far and he's hot out of drag! (no, that's not the only reason)

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Hey, I'd be watching with ya, but I can't as I don't think it is available over here =(.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Where are you located? It's on Amazon Prime not sure if you have access to that.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Netherlands, we do have Amazon Prime but not Dragula available to us :'(
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Netherlands, we do have Amazon Prime but not Dragula available to us :'(
    that stinks, I'll let you know if I find a different way to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    I'm probably the only one watching but I frickin' love this show! Season 3 off to a great start! I'm Team Evah so far and he's hot out of drag! (no, that's not the only reason)
    You're not the only one!!! The first three episodes have been amazing!!! This season has brought together a fantastic cast and I really like how much time we get to spend with these artists. There's been so many amazing looks, I won't bother listing them all. Still, how great is Landon!?!?

And while this show is heavily focused on visuals, I have to emphasize that it also has a lot of heart. I like how many of the performers seem excited over each other's art and don't want to see their favorites go. I'm also really digging how respectful the critiques are and how they always start by clarifying that the judges are not judging an individual's drag, but rather their execution of a specific assignment. The Boulet Brothers come across as more genuinely interested in the contestants than RuPaul ever has and that makes a big difference to me.

2 more episodes have aired and I loved them soooooooo much! That said, the extermination challenge on episode 5 was pretty lame. How the heck is that comparable to getting a fucked up tattoo?!? There was also that one episode where they had to eat a ton of nasty stuff and wash it down with blood. That was far worse. This extermination was lifted off of a Japanese show where the whole thing is meant to be funny. I'm thinking this was a symptom of budget limitations.

yes amazon prime is really screwing up. the new episodes show up very sporadically and then when it does there are two. I had bought tickets to a dragula show on tour and it turns out it was cancelled due to lack of interest. the touring company has a history of bad management, I think if done well a tour would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    2 more episodes have aired and I loved them soooooooo much! That said, the extermination challenge on episode 5 was pretty lame. How the heck is that comparable to getting a fucked up tattoo?!? There was also that one episode where they had to eat a ton of nasty stuff and wash it down with blood. That was far worse. This extermination was lifted off of a Japanese show where the whole thing is meant to be funny. I'm thinking this was a symptom of budget limitations.
    I am so glad Landin is on to show the merits of a drag king. I never knew what to expect out of a drag king before but WOW. Also glad she is there to shut down criticisms of Hollow. When Hollow was eliminated she went on this tirade about judging women. umm, hello look at the other end of the stage.