Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: A message about Unforumzed

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    I didn't even think of this an option. Good idea. I'm just toying around with a new server setup there to see if we can create a mini-unf with the major subforms as channels - just in case the all-lumped-in-together option of facebook or reddit is just not working for folks. It's a handy free option, and if anyone wants to pay towards it, it adds things like more emoji options and bigger upload limits for files and stuff.
    Thank you for starting the discord!
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Love Discord! I suggested it earlier in this thread too =).
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    nice - totally missed that upthread - sorry! Any suggestions about how to use it for a forumz replacement? It might mean some changes in approaches...

Linked it in the Facebook group too - to see if it prompts some folks who login there to join. more than 60% of internet browsing is done on phones, and these forums have never been good for mobile. discord has a pretty good mobile app, so who knows!

Like a lot of people in this thread, I feel like this is the end of an era for internet communities, at least in my life. I haven't been active on here in almost a decade, but I periodically log in, lurk, check out the OMA threads, and skim for Tori news for old times' sake.

I started listening to Tori when I was 13, right after TBK came out. I joined Yessaid, then migrated to The Afterglow in the mass exodus from Yessaid, then to FeelTheWord, then to @, then here. Tori forums were the locus of my teenage fandom feelings, since Tumblr was just a little too late for me, and by the time I started posting there, the particular kind of rabid, gleeful, vital fandom peculiar to early teenage-dom had faded a little (as had my particular obsession with Tori).

Posting on the forums definitely felt like logging in to another world for awhile, filled with people who shared my interests and passions and who were unlike most of the people in my conservative small town. It felt like a secret world, almost. Now, I still make lovely, interesting connections with people online, through FB groups or Twitter, but it's definitely a different feeling and a different online world.

Thanks for everything! I joined the Discord, but will probably still just lurk from time to time...

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    !!! I also missed your comment earlier in the thread. Great suggestion, Spikey, and many thanks to ebby for getting us set up!

Thanks very much for starting the Discord @ebby! I just signed up, went with my old name from back in the day.

Awesome. Feel free to share the link with anyone who feel might want to reconnect somewhere that's not facebook or twitter or reddit or wherever.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    How do I sign up for this? Assume that I'm completely ignorant.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    How do I sign up for this? Assume that I'm completely ignorant.
    Just follow the link!

https://discord.gg/kCbrWWj

Discord will walk you through it.

You can access it from your browsers, but also from phone or tablet with an app.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

I registered with my previous user name as well.

I just signed up as Nancy.