Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A message about Unforumzed

You know, in hindsight, the greatest thing about our community is that no matter how harsh and vicious things got, it never ceased to allow a free exchange of opinions. You might have gotten shat upon by hordes for saying something or believing something unpopular or out of the (local) mainstream, but as long as you could stand the heat, you'd be fine. No one would actively censor you, silence you, ban you, "de-platform" you. This isn't really the case in most online hangouts anymore these days.

Things definitely got heated around here over the years but I learned a lot. I learned ... and more importantly, I understood the childfree movement, gender fluidity, and way more about all the political BS around the world than I did on any website. And I'll never forget watching 9/11 through this website when every other website was down. I've been a die hard Tori fan since 1995 so I went from RDT, RDTRN, @ and then Un. I've been on these sites since I was in grad school and through my obsessive lurking - I have learned a lot from you all
    Last edited by Jezebelle; 08-08-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by tully View Post
    oh hello
    Hi! How's life in Tully world?
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Icon15 I'm the one who taps you on the shoulder when it's your time. Don't be afraid...

Oh wow. So it's less than a year away from really being gone? I guess I'll have to find people to geek out with over a Tori TV appearance or argue over which old B-side is superior on a subreddit or something after 2020.

I bought my first Tori Amos CD, Under the Pink, after hearing the song "God" on 120 Minutes back in my junior year of high school. I discovered MikeWhy's website, A Dent in the Tori Amos Net Universe (RIP thedent.com), a few years later and must've joined the forumz in 1997-ish. I spent waaaaay too much time on the old @forumz back in college, even co-moderated the Comic/ANime forum for a few years. As my post count shows, I've been much less active during the unforumzed years, but I always made a habit of lurking, and I mostly only posted to share my random ramblings on TV & film. And even though the last Tori concert I saw was in 2010, and I really stopped following her music as closely as I once did, her music is still very much a part of me--as is the community of people it brought me to. I made some good friends through Tori's music and the forumz that I'm still in touch with today.

I'll be sad to see this wonderful ship be permanently docked. Thank you to those people who kept it floating on the vast seas of ye oulde Interwebs for this long.
    Last edited by Crispy; 08-12-2019 at 03:24 AM. Reason: "...I promise that she will awake tomorrow somewhere."

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I bought my first Tori Amos CD, Under the Pink, after hearing the song "God" on 120 Minutes back in my junior year of high school.
    Hey me too! Except I was in 8th grade, and it was a cassette. I swear I listened to the cassette 74,000 times.

I finally remembered my password!

Where'd everyone go?

❤❤❤

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^Still here. Still here. Until the bitter end. Can help turn out the lights and lock the door.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Are we responsible for mopping before we leave?
    Remember that we once lived

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Are we responsible for mopping before we leave?
    I am NOT touching anything that hasn't gone under one of those CSI blacklights first

I'll put on some gloves and take out the trash!

And I'm recording our history now on the bedroom wall
    And when we leave the landlord will come and paint over it all

Ryan, you are a true gem for keeping us together and leaving the door open for so long. Endless thanks. ❤

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Eh, you guys are alright I guess.

xxx

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    You're alright too I guess.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life