Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: A message about Unforumzed

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    ^ I hear ya. This is actually the one place where I can connect with reality. Oftentimes this place has felt more real than the real world. I will miss it ever so dearly to read all of you. Message boarding isn't dead by a long shot if I look at other themes like history, or gaming - I just think that Tori fans in general are more of the "Facebook"-type. Except us. Who will wither away as cyberfossiles like Napster, ICQ, Windows '95 and Netscape Navigator. RIP.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

There was never anything wrong, it was just a rapid-fire attack of online trolls. Facebook said I was proven to be innocent of any wrongdoing.

In fact, my neighbors are coming over to help us clean up our yard. It's wonderful. I have full medical now and I can travel anytime I want. My family couldn't absorb their *own* shock that quickly and they worried too much.

I'm so sorry I worried you guys. I'll have more time here now.

So where do we go from here? Although this forum has been slowly dying off during the last ten years, it has been a nice place to discuss music, mostly focused on alternative pop artists Tori, Kate, Joanna etc. There's the Popjustice forum but it's more devoted to contemporary mainstream pop. However, they do have more or less active threads for Tori and Kate, as well as many other unforumzed artists. There's the katebushnews.com forum but where else do people go? Suggestions?

There are many Facebook groups as well as a Reddit group that was started.

Hang ten guys. I'm feeling lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

I really don’t miss Facebook, but one of my fonder latter-year memories of using it was getting closer to a lot of my forumz friends. The late aughts into this early past decade was such a dark and confusing series of chapters for me and this place and family offered me so much valuable insight.
    I have one person on ignore now, but it's been pretty easy peasy for me.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know if one of you did this or I did it and shared it. I have no memory of this. I happened to find it just now on an old hard drive

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    It's been quite some time since I posted here, going on over a year I think, maybe more. I never posted a ton, but I definitely came here a lot. Life just kinda happened. I've still kept up with the forum reading threads here and there, and have been meaning to post something since I read that unf would be shutting down, which made me very sad when I heard the news. I hope to post a bit more from now until that happens. This place has been wonderful.
    Suck it, Shawn.

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar

Icon15

I've been trying to think of what to write here ever since Ryan sent out the announcement about Unf's upcoming closure, and really, what I want to say to this community in all its various incarnations (and all of mine) is an enormous thank you. Like some of you, I found the Dent forums as a young teen. It was 1999, and I had not yet gone through the most painful or turbulent parts of my youth. Many posters were older than I was, and it helped me so much just to see possibilities of how to exist in the world that I simply didn't have access to in the place where I grew up.

So although my participation has been sporadic over the years at the Dent/@/Unf, I've appreciated being able to lurk along because ultimately, I learned more about being a good human from being here than I did from many IRL examples during my teen years. And whenever I did chime in or when I needed some help, folks would listen and respond, which is more than I can say about many of the adults who failed to do so when teenage me was right in front of them. That honestly meant the world to me at the time, and I've never forgotten it.

Unfortunately, I've lost touch with many of you over the years, especially when I closed most of my social media accounts in 2015/2016 and again when I changed phones. (Right now I only have an Instagram for a niche interest/business.) If anyone would like to reconnect, let's DM before Unf closes and figure out how to keep in touch. I won't be joining Reddit, but I love the idea of a private Discord server where we could continue to group chat about music and life and such.

I always forget about Discord since I deleted it after I stopped having a social purpose in my online games. I think that might actually be a bit more useful than reddit, though I am certainly glad for both options, alongside each other or otherwise.
    Remember that we once lived

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emanate View Post
    I won't be joining Reddit, but I love the idea of a private Discord server where we could continue to group chat about music and life and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I always forget about Discord since I deleted it after I stopped having a social purpose in my online games. I think that might actually be a bit more useful than reddit, though I am certainly glad for both options, alongside each other or otherwise.
    I didn't even think of this an option. Good idea. I'm just toying around with a new server setup there to see if we can create a mini-unf with the major subforms as channels - just in case the all-lumped-in-together option of facebook or reddit is just not working for folks. It's a handy free option, and if anyone wants to pay towards it, it adds things like more emoji options and bigger upload limits for files and stuff.
    Last edited by ebby; 01-10-2020 at 09:12 PM.

I think a bit further down the line, replacing TMP with something along the lines of that would be pretty neat.
    Remember that we once lived

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    I didn't even think of this an option. Good idea. I'm just toying around with a new server setup there to see if we can create a mini-unf with the major subforms as channels - just in case the all-lumped-in-together option of facebook or reddit is just not working for folks. It's a handy free option, and if anyone wants to pay towards it, it adds things like more emoji options and bigger upload limits for files and stuff.
    I followed your link. I’m aykaysee on discord btw. Looks good so far. I think it could work.

Good idea! I'm in As "Wout" obviously.
    Hmmm. Now how do I start a new Taylor Swift thread...
    post28!

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    Ahhh! Thank you so much for setting this up, ebby! You're wonderful. I have a bunch of work to do today, but I'll join up tomorrow.