Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate fake tracks thread!!

The ultimate fake tracks thread!!

Hi all,

With Unforumzed closing soon, I thought it might be fun to pull together and remember our favourite fake tracks and album info from over the years. I, for one, just LOVE fake tracklisting season in the run up to new album info, it's always so much fun - hats off to some people for creativity. I remember one around the time of ADP or possibly AATS where someone actually went to the trouble of creating the album artwork and it was pianos in an old derlict house - it actually looked pretty great, better than the finished album art.

And the famous "Oranges and see it Crying" - priceless!!

Here's a thread I've found with some corkers. Anyone got any others?

http://unforumzed.com/showthread.php...se-news-thread
    ~just an underwater thing~

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    Oh please don't remind me of Unforumzed dying :*( Every day when I see those terrible FB posts it makes me wonder where I will get my good info from. I can't take any more people posting screenshots of their phone at 6:58 or a picture of their dyed red hair or just a pic of themselves saying "listening to x song." It's too much to flood several thousand peoples' timelines with. /hijack
    I think my all time favorite fake song title was actually for Native Invader, but I can't find it exactly - it was the name of a tree that sounded really badass and violent. It got me excited for a dark song.

EDIT: I remembered!! It was "Slash Pine".
    Last edited by roominmyheart; 02-06-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    Oh please don't remind me of Unforumzed dying :*( Every day when I see those terrible FB posts it makes me wonder where I will get my good info from. I can't take any more people posting screenshots of their phone at 6:58 or a picture of their dyed red hair or just a pic of themselves saying "listening to x song." It's too much to flood several thousand peoples' timelines with.
    I actually loathe the FB group.

Song of the day is...500 Miles
    Song of the day is...Teenage Hustling
    Song of the day is...Cactus Practice
    Song of the day is...Ireland

STOP CHOOSING ALL THE SHIT SONGS.

I never knew there were Tori fans who prefer “You Can Bring Your Dog” to “Northern Lad” until I saw it on FB.

I believe those people should be euthanised, but still.

DELETEDELETEDELETE and Street Flawless Girl are underrated
    -time moves both ways-

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    The FIRST one I remember is the lost followup to Scarlet's Walk, Please Apologize For Killing My Relatives

Quote Originally Posted by thisnotget View Post
    DELETEDELETEDELETE and Street Flawless Girl are underrated
    Ah I remember both of those!!! Weren’t they in the run up to AATS?

member someone with a pirate nature about them posting little bits and pieces...i seem to recall Mrs Jesus being mentioned so this would have been before Scarlet's Walk....Also, the person who said they had a friend or aquaintance who worked for Tori's record label at the time.....they wrote about getting access to a key of a room in which there were sheets relating to the new album entitled,The Egoist...even going as far as posting photographic evidence.....certainly had me fooled at the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu View Post
    member someone with a pirate nature about them posting little bits and pieces...i seem to recall Mrs Jesus being mentioned so this would have been before Scarlet's Walk....Also, the person who said they had a friend or aquaintance who worked for Tori's record label at the time.....they wrote about getting access to a key of a room in which there were sheets relating to the new album entitled,The Egoist...even going as far as posting photographic evidence.....certainly had me fooled at the time!!!
    Ha ha it should read.."I remember" at the beginning of my last posting!!!

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu View Post
    Yes, I remember The Egoist and finding the evidence believable at the time. New album time is always fun!
    Suck it, Shawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    I actually loathe the FB group.

Song of the day is...500 Miles
    Song of the day is...Teenage Hustling
    Song of the day is...Cactus Practice
    Song of the day is...Ireland

STOP CHOOSING ALL THE SHIT SONGS.

I never knew there were Tori fans who prefer “You Can Bring Your Dog” to “Northern Lad” until I saw it on FB.

I believe those people should be euthanised, but still.
    I mean these are the people that thought it was appropriate to send a floral arrangement to Tori's mother's funeral. Of course they'd like the worst songs. I think it's so they can declare themselves the biggest fan.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I seem to recall Paperback Friday and House on Heels around 2002 or so.

I'm gonna pimp out my own addition to the oeuvre, as it still makes me laugh - and if you can't make yourself laugh...

Moat's Art back before we knew anything about what Tori was doing with the orchestral shows, or with what was being planned for Night Of Hunters. We just knew she was working with an orchestra for something...

It also made someone's Tori news blog: http://toribr.blogspot.com/2011/04/t...s-sobre-o.html
    Last edited by ebby; 02-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    I'm gonna pimp out my own addition to the oeuvre, as it still makes me laugh - and if you can't make yourself laugh...

Moat's Art back before we knew anything about what Tori was doing with the orchestral shows, or with what was being planned for Night Of Hunters. We just knew she was working with an orchestra for something...

It also made someone's Tori news blog: http://toribr.blogspot.com/2011/04/t...s-sobre-o.html
    Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen?!

There was one song like “Saving Luna” or something like that? Something moon-like that everyone wanted to be true. I think between SW and TBK. Then orange knickers and rim polishing and Barney’s fourth floor was released...
    I see myself sort of as a small to medium vineyard. And they usually don't sell as much as the screw-top wine down in Safeway. But I don't make wine for Safeway. God bless Safeway. If I am a winemaker I am not going to make screw-top wine ~ Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    There was one song like “Saving Luna” or something like that? Something moon-like that everyone wanted to be true. I think between SW and TBK. Then orange knickers and rim polishing and Barney’s fourth floor was released...
    Was it Freezing Luna ?