Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate fake tracks thread!!

omg, I still love Moat's Art
    Remember that we once lived

I also loved all the fake lyrics to Snow Cherries from France. That was years of hype for a song that didn’t live up to the title, IMO. Some of the fake lyrics were damn good, too!

I remember Silver Crochet Moss, and The Carousel Tamer.

The Carousel Tamer caused everyone to have a meltdown.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Assuming my memory is correct and that directly pre-dated The Beekeeper, how bizarre is it that the word "carousel" would soon appear in Sleeps with Butterflies? haha

That was some title and cover.....totally naff cover but miles better than,say, AATS!!!

Man that is painful.

Damn, I wish we could get Tori to do improvs for some of the fake titles.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Wasn't there one for an album called "The Egoist"? I remember there was art and everything and for a split second I was SO perched.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Through Danger Torn. The one fake tracklist I still wish was real.

Through Danger Torn
    Tori Amos
    Release Date: 10/08/02

Control (Red Drive)
    Enter Avalon
    Under Glass
    Afternoon in Satin
    Pouldin
    Delicate
    After You
    Summer Children
    Mercy
    Break Your Crown
    Dominion
    Windstorm
    Down 41
    Reflect

On the album
    “It’s like I thought I had figured out the puzzle…but I realized it wasn’t just me that I had to take care of anymore, and that made me decide that I couldn’t just sit down and have some manicotti and congratulate myself. I felt, I kind of had to break it apart and put it back together again using a newborn’s hands…”

“On my last album, I was looking through men’s eyes to see how their view of the world would influence my daughter. On ‘Through Danger Torn’ I realize I that their perspective is not as important as hers and my husband’s. I’m looking through their lenses at the world, and I think she really has a better outlook then I’ve ever had.”

On the Title “Through Danger Torn”
    “‘Through Danger Torn’ refers to a feeling of darkness, those tragedies that affect us all every day. Like with my family, with problems my husband and I have dealt with, the miscarriages...then to finally have it all come together in tandem is just beautiful. But the danger I felt, I couldn’t figure out if we had come out of it bleeding and broken, or if by standing up to it, putting on our gloves and really getting out there in the ring, if we had managed to lessen its blow. Either way we’ve survived.”

“It’s like childbirth – is the danger inside or out? We begin our life by tearing out of our mothers and then you realize the danger has begun. But with me, with my lost children…the danger for me was on the other side of that breakthrough, fearing they would never take that first step. So the pain of having my daughter was a type of catharsis…it’s like I will accept this, I have ached for this”

On the Album Theme
    “The theme of the album is very much night – that’s when all the little nocturnal creatures come out to play, after that spotlight of day has passed…I’ve always been a little opossum myself, so I can relate…but that’s not to say that this is an all-joyous record. Night is also when the demons and goblins come out to play, and while they’re not all evil, some are. And you have to deal with that symbiotic relationship, needing them like they need you. You have to accept it to overcome it.”

On September 11
    “There are no songs on the album that deal directly with September 11. You have to realize, most of these girls have been in the works for over three years, so the impact that had was minimal. But the theme of the album, the crossing through danger unscathed is a direct metaphor for what happened on that day and how the country has come to deal with it.”

On Songs
    “On Control (Red Drive), I could see this tunnel, with cars, with birds, with asian women crossing back and forth…all these images of things to be controlled. Whether the whip of choice is a dick, a pair of tits, nets…we’ve been pigeonholed into these roles, and they, it’s like we have to pick up whatever defense we have or run…fight or flight. Another song that has similar imagery is ‘Windstorm’ where I sing, ‘forty days, lost in flight, on the way on the wing you ride’. It’s all about finding your map and looking at it right side up and using it.”

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Through Danger Torn. The one fake tracklist I still wish was real.
    Really like some of those tracks especially Enter Avalon,Under Glass,Afternoon In Satin and Windstorm....reading through the theme of the album i think "That's when all the nocturnal creatures come out to play" would make a pretty good album title although we all know Tori seems to prefer in the main, two or three worded titles......you can't beat new album time even though it's looking like a Sept/Oct release...

There was this one called Rapture in Moonlight around 2012/13 I think? Something about how Night of Hunters was with strings and now this one would be with guitars. There was even a cover and a tracklist.

Edit: found the cover image

Last edited by tolotti_; 02-21-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    I will be safe in my frame.

I had a dream last night that Tori performed a short concert with a band at one of her book signings. She came back for an encore and performed new songs to everyone's surprise! They were weird but amazing. The song names were "A Texan", "B Leave" and "C Otter"??? LOL

Later her website announced a new album would be released in Fall 2020 called "Hard Cuntry". The press release with it mentioned how it was an album that weaves a story about America's current political state, #metoo, indigenous relations and climate change. It also mentioned that the album was a new genre of music called Hard Country (like a mix of industrial music and country music/bluegrass) and were comparing the album and it's potential success to be like Shania Twain's "Come on Over" album.

Tori Amos - Hard Cuntry (Fall 2020)
    I see myself sort of as a small to medium vineyard. And they usually don't sell as much as the screw-top wine down in Safeway. But I don't make wine for Safeway. God bless Safeway. If I am a winemaker I am not going to make screw-top wine ~ Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    I had a dream last night that Tori performed a short concert with a band at one of her book signings. She came back for an encore and performed new songs to everyone's surprise! They were weird but amazing. The song names were "A Texan", "B Leave" and "C Otter"??? LOL

Later her website announced a new album would be released in Fall 2020 called "Hard Cuntry". The press release with it mentioned how it was an album that weaves a story about America's current political state, #metoo, indigenous relations and climate change. It also mentioned that the album was a new genre of music called Hard Country (like a mix of industrial music and country music/bluegrass) and were comparing the album and it's potential success to be like Shania Twain's "Come on Over" album.

Tori Amos - Hard Cuntry (Fall 2020)
    I could get down with that, as long as it didn't all sound like Big Wheel. Industrial Jug Band!!!
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Speaking of Fake Tracks, does anyone still have the parody version of Police me by Cespy? It's not on YT anymore and I need it.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun