Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Coronavirus Thread

Nevertheless, she persisted. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Here you go. Regina! Great info on the differences between certified N95 masks and homemade ones, and when handmade ones are useful.
    In November, vote for the candidate who believes in science.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    That was really helpful and informative. And written today, so it's not outdated. It even specifically mentioned how the "no mask needed" guidelines might change.

Oh and Fauci is answering that right now on NBC!

Fauci says: we're still looking at the issue.

I have an old fitted sheet for a crib mattress that is 100% cotton and still has the elastic on it. It'll make great masks, I hope. Maybe tomorrow I'll whip up one and see how it goes. I don't want to go full cuckoo bananas, but I have the time, ability, and supplies and it won't HURT if I use it running to get milk or gas. If it's not horrible, then I can make a few more so I can give them to the others around me and/or have a supply if I had to do errands more times than I laundered it. I don't mind wearing a mask for others' protection. I do wonder if it's necessary when I go walking or just maybe in the closed up indoor spaces.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Nevertheless, she persisted. Steve SFM's Avatar
    We've cracked a million cases and 50K deaths worldwide.

More fucking milestones.
    In November, vote for the candidate who believes in science.

Umm... yay?

The numbers here are going to start going down. Italy is apparently thinking about letting people out in late April, but not everyone, and masks may be mandatory.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."