Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: just me and my photo thread..

I did

Name changes confuse me hehe!!!

Here's a few more, if it's ok to post so many so soon?

A lot of them lose a little in being so small, i don't like to clutter webpages though - tend to resize too much instead!

This is in a frame in our lounge actually, a favourite place of ours to go to and just relax..

spooky shot of my bf, in the castle - i was playing around taking his shadow, and noticed on the picture later the weird light streaking up to the top.. like a ghost hehe!! Except i think it has more to do with the fact there was a small tiny shaft in the roof, must have been letting a tiny bit a light in casuing this effect. But we prefer to think of the ghosty side instead, sucking his body away We were in the Kings private chapel in Conwy Castle..

Love it here too

and a few more

Oh wow, great shots! I love the shadow picture.

Aww thank you

Question

Rather than just dig out more of my massive back log of older pics, here's 3 from the last 6 weeks - each very different to each other! (but are they any good?)

A quick 3 from my trip last week. I haven't been through much of my pics, not had time and i didn't take much any good (as these show!) as my fingers were swelling and stiff!

I hope anyone viewing likes my photos though, and if anyone does look - thankyou.
    Last edited by just me; 07-20-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: picture links had expired so re did them.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I don't know why you don't think they're very good. I like them very much, but I'm not a professional or anything. I want to go running down the hill in the misty meadow shot!
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Icon15

Thankyou.

I just lost confidence a while ago, and struggled to get it back - so tend to go overboard on the "they're not very good" angle.. saves being hurt when someone says to me "they're not very good"!
    Last edited by just me; 07-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.

I don't have anywhere close for decent autumn colours, this place is the best of a bad bunch but you just don't get much colour variation, but i had a nice walk there on Saturday so that's what counts!

can't pick which looks better - the nearer one or the farther one... self editing is something i'm so shit at, i can never choose!

just the path

and the mini water bit, it doesn't flow as much now as a tree fell 2 years ago and they just left it there blocking the water

and migraine inducing water ripple natural reflections at the pond

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

Love the texture, patterns & tones in this one.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I like the one without the sign. I'm anti-signs in my photos if I can. They just bug me for some reason. The one in your photo at least blends in better than the ones around my area.

I like the last of the 3 of the waterfall.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Those water ripple photos are gorgeous. You have really incredible work!

Thankyou, i do appreciate the feedback

Here's 2 more, the london one was july, and the lighthouse was october.

Do you think any of the stuff i've posted here is good enough to sell? honest opinion required, even if it hurts..

I don't know if i'd ever have the guts to go for it, but maybe one day.
    Don't want to get laughed at though for trying!

Though i know whether someone would buy things is all down to personal tastes anyway, but still... i saw some framed 10x8s of northwest places on sale in the city today for £22, and mine were better than those, in my opinion anyway.. but i just don't know how you'd even start. I'm the shy nervous type, scared of looking silly and being laughed at and failing - but i know you get nowhere in life being like that, it's time for me to change.
    Last edited by just me; 11-16-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: too many typos!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar

Beautifully framed shot.

I think you should give yourself more credit. You've some lovely images!

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    I don't have anywhere close for decent autumn colours, this place is the best of a bad bunch but you just don't get much colour variation, but i had a nice walk there on Saturday so that's what counts!

can't pick which looks better - the nearer one or the farther one... self editing is something i'm so shit at, i can never choose!

I think the one with the bench more near works for me compositionally, there's something very inviting and more personal about it, nice work.