Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Hurricane Season Thread

Uhhh, this is crazy. It's only a category 2 (which we've been through) before but it currently sounds like it's trying to rip our roof off. All the windows and doors in the house are creaking and popping under the pressure. It sounds like ice splitting. I don't see actual cracks or breaks in the windows but it must be the glass shifting in the frames as the pressure builds and drops. We're at 70 - 90 mph winds right now.

Torrential rains... it's been pouring rain for about three hours with no break. We watched the power transformer near our house blow a couple hours ago so we're going to be without power for days now. The news is reporting that about half of the state has no power... 4 million accounts out of the 8 million.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    That sounds horrifying. Do you have the windows boarded up or a windowless room in case the windows do break? I really hope this passes soon and that you all have plenty of non-perishable food to last until the power comes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Uhhh, this is crazy. It's only a category 2 (which we've been through) before but it currently sounds like it's trying to rip our roof off. All the windows and doors in the house are creaking and popping under the pressure. It sounds like ice splitting. I don't see actual cracks or breaks in the windows but it must be the glass shifting in the frames as the pressure builds and drops. We're at 70 - 90 mph winds right now.

Torrential rains... it's been pouring rain for about three hours with no break. We watched the power transformer near our house blow a couple hours ago so we're going to be without power for days now. The news is reporting that about half of the state has no power... 4 million accounts out of the 8 million.
    Jeebus!!!! When I last checked CNN it looked like what remained of the eye and the storm was headed right for the Orlando area. Hope you guys stay safe. Its crazy how the width of the storm is stretched across the entire width of the state.