Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hurricane Season Thread

I'm hoping that in spite of the fact that many people are in danger, y'all can share photos and videos. That's how selfish I am.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Good luck guys. I hope you are all safe !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I'm hoping that in spite of the fact that many people are in danger, y'all can share photos and videos. That's how selfish I am.
    I'll go live on FB tomorrow if I can.

I'm glad to see people here are taking the evacuation warnings to heart. Unfortunately some people are not helping. This has the potential for a group of darwin awards in the making

Watching the news right now, this already looks terrifying and its barely started. I am hoping people listen and evacuate, though I know that is really really difficult for those less fortunate. Also, stupid people be stupid. I looked at one of the webcams of Pompano Beach and dumbasses were fucking SWIMMING.

Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    I'm glad to see people here are taking the evacuation warnings to heart. Unfortunately some people are not helping. This has the potential for a group of darwin awards in the making
    Matt Drudge is a closeted, self-loathing piece of garbage.

I can't sleep because I'm so worried about you guys.

The wind is really picking up now. It's a constant howling outside. We heard a tree fall outside but it's still too dark for us to see where it was. Hopefully when it's daylight it will be easier to see what's going on. They've recorded wind gusts up to 50mph where I'm at but we are just now getting the outer bands. We should be in the worst of it from anywhere between 10am - 2pm. They were showing wind gusts of 110mph at the coast.

I'm in downtown Orlando and it's been very mild. Windy and rainy, yes, but nothing we're not used to as far as tropical rainstorms go. No loss of power or Internet. YET.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

It looks like it went slightly north of you guys!

It's all good here!

My family is fine but I'm housing a refugee from Charleston. Her mom's house is on the water and the yard is flooded. I have other friends who stayed and their street is flooded. Next surge is expected around 1pm with the high tide - that'll really determine how fucked they are. But they're getting nailed right now.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I'm worrying big time about the flooding in the Carolinas. It's the storm surge I keep thinking about. I saw the result of that kind of damage recently in Ellicott City, MD, where six inches of rain fell within two hours. It had a devastating impact on the community. Stay safe, Jez.

Twelve and a half feet of water on Tybee Island and in other areas around Savannah. the whole city is on lockdown - no one in or out but emergency workers. They have roads blocked and are literally turning people away (which they said hey would do, not sure why people are attempting to go back). My brother had to go back (he's a federal agent and his job requires it), and he said their house was spared. A few trees down and a huge mess but nothing catastrophic.even their chickens survived!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I'm so glad everyone stayed safe, and hope the damage isn't too lasting.