Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Hurricane Season Thread

Hurricane Harvey is now expected to strengthen to a category three hurricane by the time it makes landfall later today or early tomorrow. It's going to be the first major hurricane to strike the United States in 12 years and will likely cause devastating flooding from rain and storm surge.

God help the people who will need federal assistance after this, because FEMA doesn't seem to be prepared for it. Shades of George W. Bush and Hurricane Katrina.

I'm not on the coast but ugh, everything's in a huge panic state right now down here. Hoping everyone was able to evacuate.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

^It looked really menacing from the footage they showed on CNN!!! It also seems to be a deja vu of Katrina in many ways.

I live in Corpus Christi and we are all hunkered down here. The storm is projected to go just north of us, but we are still expecting strong wind and rain. We are currently experiencing gusts of over 60 mph. Nothing sustained yet, though. Landfall is expected in about 6 hours or so.

shit. Stay safe, Joey!

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I live in Corpus Christi and we are all hunkered down here. The storm is projected to go just north of us, but we are still expecting strong wind and rain. We are currently experiencing gusts of over 60 mph. Nothing sustained yet, though. Landfall is expected in about 6 hours or so.
    Joey, I saw the live video you posted on FB. Stay safe and keep us updated!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Be safe, J.

I'm drunk again (what's new though) and all I can think about is how worried I am for my coastal friends. Sure, my city will get hit, but not anywhere near how people further south will and it just... really sucks. Not sure how else to say it.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    Watching a livestream of local news in Corpus Christi and they reported that in Rockport, a high school that was being used as a shelter was destroyed, and a roof collapsed at a senior center. This is horrible.

Joey, Faust, and anyone else in the path, I hope you'll be safe.

We made it safely through the storm here in Corpus. Rockport is about 40 miles north of us. Those poor people.

Be safe, bub. Hope our forumz buddies in Houston are managing today. I'm unfortunately driving south today from North Texas but presumably where I'm going won't see more than just recurring rain. Still, as someone who's nearly died from hydroplaning on 35 in Texas, I really hope I don't choke.

They've since been rescued, but the fact that it ever got to this point is chilling

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    that is heartbreaking to see
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post

They've since been rescued, but the fact that it ever got to this point is chilling
    Inexcusable.

oh my god, that's a real picture???

Is that a cat in the background?
    My face screams without an emotion