Page 1 of 486 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying Facebook Statuses

Lightbulb Annoying Facebook Statuses

There's at least one person on my friends list that manages to come up with either a vaguebook or a cornball status update of the day:

Today's, from a friend who shall not be named:

i got you all figured out...

Really? Who? Can't be me!

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    There's such an art to Facebook TrollattentionWhoring. One of my boyf's friends is such a drama queen, always putting things like "Well, that was nearly too much to bear", "I can't believe I finally did it!", "Why does no one care?". All of which have dozens of "BIG HUGGGZZZZ" comments from the 879 Friends he's got but whose statuses he never comments on himself.

ETA: Aha, so that's what Vaguebooking is. I am learned.

two beavers are better than one! Robin Sparkles's Avatar
    Oh lord I have a TON of these friends. Here is one:

Is thinking maybe deleting people out of my life isn't such a bad idea.
    Knows there is a thin line between LOVE and HATE... i've now crossed the line to hate.. a few are walking that line with me... please watch your step!
    All i have to say is everyone can kiss it.. leave me alone at this point.. i never want to hear your name again! i hate you!
    Already having a bad day. Ready to scream.
    That's why your girls BUSTED! lmao
    angry... hurt.... and pissed.. really that's how you treat your "friends"???

Damn, Debbie Downer!

Lamebook is good for some status commentary/laughs.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    I love lamebook.
    There's a lot of websites that has emerged in the past year about the idiotic things people put on their facebook status like STFU, parents and STFU marrieds among others.

I'm glad that among the many people in my friends list, only a fraction of them update their status frequently...but there's one that annoys me like hell because it seems that she lives on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    There's such an art to Facebook TrollattentionWhoring. One of my boyf's friends is such a drama queen, always putting things like "Well, that was nearly too much to bear", "I can't believe I finally did it!", "Why does no one care?". All of which have dozens of "BIG HUGGGZZZZ" comments from the 879 Friends he's got but whose statuses he never comments on himself.

ETA: Aha, so that's what Vaguebooking is. I am learned.
    Odd, i typed this before but it didn't post. Anyway, i was saying that i recently found out what vaguebooking was myself when someone on my list who was notorious for it, put something up, and i played dumb and put a comment up that i knew had nothing to do with what she intended, and someone else said, "it's called vaguebooking!" - genius.

Lamebook is the best. I was just on there last night sifting through. I do wonder if some of them are fake, but i don't care that much since they're so damn funny.

Catie, that's all the same person? HAHAHAH.

have a safe and happy 4th FB..... dont forget though what it is really about.... remember our thousands of troops who risk their life and limb to fight for our foreign policies
    Um...actually that's not what it's about at all.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I love Lamebook and read it daily. I also read Failbook, which is almost as good.

I don't mind occasional vaguebook messages. Hell, we all do it even if we don't mean to, forgetting that not everyone knows everything about us. (Like I'll write "we went out," so I'm sure some of my just-fb-friends don't know who "we" is. Boyfriend? husband? girlfriend? kid? kids? alien-living-in-the-attic?).

What gets me are the people who ONLY write vaguebook messages and write them multiple times a day. And aren't those messages always misspelled? Not just occasional typos, but atrocious not-knowing-better mistakes?

One person on my list doesn't appear to know what a period is and uses an asterisk. (One person on my list doesn't appear to know what a period is and uses an asterisk* I keep looking for the footnote* It's never there*)

I know I'm a minority, but I like updates about people's kids. I like people whining and complaining. I like funny links.

I don't like quizzes and games updates.

But i don't even have 65 friends (loser!), so I don't get inundated like people who have hundreds.

guess I don't even know my own strength.
    Followed by comments such as:
    "your an incredible women!!"
    "there are many things u dnt know........."

And the like.

*STABS*

Bible versus and prayers to Jesus annoy the crap out of me.

^ Oh yeah! How about when people TYPE THEIR STATUS UPDATES LIKE THIS? I also really dislike play-by-play updates of what mothers are doing with their children. I don't mind a little bit, but one friend is a bit much.

So xxxxx is playing with his rug that is all the alphabet and he picks up R and says mommy R like rainbow.. you know a rainbow like up in the sky. Then he picks up c and says C for cat meow meow. He can spell cat dog and moon without any help. Im such a wimp..I cried I didnt realize how smart he really is..

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    I became FBFs with a friend-of-a-friend beacuse he often made quite witty comments on my friend's statuses. But then I noticed he was an arrogant jerk who used FB to make what were actually just endless "I'm cleverer than you actually - LOL" responses.

One day his status was "I have too many FB friends and am going to have a clear out - let me know in the next 24 hours why I should keep you!". Needless to say I unfriended him within 24 seconds.

i've begun to loathe status updates about people who aren't on facebook at all and will never see it.

"Happy birthday to the bestest MeeMaw ever!" (granny can't operate the dvd player. i don't think she's going to be facebooking anytime soon.)

"Thank you Jesus for this great 4th of July!" (wait - maybe Jesus does have a facebook? WWJFB?)

"Tomorrow is a big day - the contractor starts on the kitchen repairs in the morning and my baby boy, Aaron, is graduating kindergarten! Congratulations, Peepie! We love you and are so proud of you!" (i don't think your 5 year old is on facebook. and...um...peepie? really? really??)

[]

On a day we celebrate our freedom, we must remember where our freedom comes from: Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, and our armed services past, present, future who protect us from worldly wars. God bless you all and Happy 4th of July!