Page 2 of 486 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying Facebook Statuses

How do you guys put up with this nonsense? If I had to see any of these updates, I would be posting rude responses and defriending them.

I'll be honest, I find 99.9% of the shit posted on Facebook - as statuses, links, videos, etc. - completely fucking awful. Shitty jokes, casual racism/sexism/other isms, boring links, Christian music videos, bad music videos, vaguebooking, MORAL OUTRAGE, stupid games about being a farmer mobster doctor lawyer...even Twitter is more compelling. Twitter!

I defriended a girl who updated every few minutes about her baby (he's laughing! He's crawling! He fell off a wall! I am giving him a bag of sugar to eat! lol!), only to discover soon after that she was crazy putty and actually had three accounts that she had managed to 'friend' people with over time, each account posting different updates. So even when you got rid of one, the others were still there, and who knows how many more there are out there? It was like that scene in Aliens where they're on the goddamned walls, except also the xenomorphs are showing you pictures of their cunt trophies drooling their diabetes onto cutesy sailor outfits.

One of my old HS friends kept putting up status updates about pictures of her: "STOP TAGGING ME IN PICTURES!" "I'M CRYING ABOUT THESE AWFUL PICTURES OF ME!"

I had one of her senior picture up in an album so I messaged her and apologized for the fact that someone else had tagged her and volunteered to delete the photo outright. No response from her. The next day, her status update is "OMG WHY DID PEOPLE DELETE PICTURES OF ME!!?"

Uh, why do you suppose? What better way to not draw attention to pictures of you, flattering or no, than to post a status update about it rather than de-tagging yourself and deleting the feed update!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    How do you guys put up with this nonsense? If I had to see any of these updates, I would be posting rude responses and defriending them.
    There are some people I have kept on as FB friends for pure entertainment purposes. A few months ago I did a big Facebook purge and deleted 80 or so friends but there's a small handful of people I keep on because it's like a trainwreck. The girl who asks everyone to pray for EVERYTHING in her life, the Republicunt who defends BP, the horrible chauvinist who makes statuses on how 'jacked and tan' he is...these people are truly like car crashes I cannot look away from.

'twas mbc 'twas kollins Michael Michael's Avatar
    Facebook is pretty much a huge misanthropy factory. I find it a great way to keep in touch with my friends and to organize social events, but more broadly it generally portrays our poor dumb species in a pretty awful light.

It's gotta be here somewhere molotovcocktease's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Custard View Post

I defriended a girl who updated every few minutes about her baby (he's laughing! He's crawling! He fell off a wall! I am giving him a bag of sugar to eat! lol!), only to discover soon after that she was crazy putty and actually had three accounts that she had managed to 'friend' people with over time, each account posting different updates. So even when you got rid of one, the others were still there, and who knows how many more there are out there? It was like that scene in Aliens where they're on the goddamned walls, except also the xenomorphs are showing you pictures of their cunt trophies drooling their diabetes onto cutesy sailor outfits.
    I had this happen to me, what's worse is she the mother of a friend of mine's kids.
    I just want to shake him like a baby and scream at him for getting and breeding with such a nutcase.

I also hate being tagged in photos, if I want pictures of myself on the internet I'll put them up. It's gotten to the point where if I'm at a party or something I either have to say, "no pictures please" or avoid anyone with a cellphone (impossible).

Quote Originally Posted by kollins View Post
    Facebook is pretty much a huge misanthropy factory. I find it a great way to keep in touch with my friends...
    It makes me realise how few friends I have compared to the piles of puke that have otherwise populated my life. Pretty depressing stuff.

Ugh. This is what I think every time you post a status update, BECKY:

Becky B****s: Ugggghhhhhhhhhh!!!! Why? Why? Why?
    All of her posts are that stupid.

There's a girl that I used to work with who CONSTANTLY posts about how depressed she is. I think I only keep her on there as entertainment. I know that's horribly bitchy but I do say "You need to get help, love." She also posts a lot of Nickelback lyrics. Oy vey. All of this is over a boy. She's 37.
    Here are a few examples of recent depressed postings:
    ask me what's wrong and i'll smile and say nothing,but as i turn and walk away, a tear will run down my cheek and i'll whisper to myself...everything
    is going to put in her earphones, lay a book across my face, lay on the floor, and just lay there.. because that's all that will fix my problems right now.
    is.. Out Of Service and in need of repair, but not sure the problem can be fixed...
    (she posts that a lot)
    Just don't ask me how I am, coz I Will Only lie and say I'm fine!
    Then there's the bloke that uses SMS speak in all of his posts. I get a LOT of entertainment from his stupidity.
    says u don't need 2 have my address 4 divorce...u just need 2 sign the papers which r already drawn up n filed wiv ur solicitor...only a proof of income is needed frm u, so stop playin games n do the deed u so called r so desperate 4!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Certain things in life r there 2 test u
    has just discovered that he's bin readin the wrong book.i thought i had 'how 2 do it rite' but no!,its 'how 2 do it wrong'
    How droll.
    is lookin forward 2 sum weekend....sumwhen...at sum point
    How history repeats itself is amazin, this World cup is turnin out like World War2! The cheatin French surrendered early, the U.S.A arrived late n we're left 2 fight the friggin Germans

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    That textspeak guy sounds like a winner.

Certain things in life r there 2 test u
    Maybe he's one of yours, Gretchen.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Today's awful Facebook updates:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Refreshing drink? Relief after a wee? Terror? SYSTEM MALFUNCTION?

ponders TV's ability to present to me my favourite programs that are merely retelling me the story of my breakup but with different people
    Programs include King of Queens and Two & A Half Men.

the cleaners brother would get it!
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, SLAG.

I LOVE WOMEN AGED 23-27, Mature Look is Sexy
    Oh dear.

my friend is a philosopher yo: never believe in someone that showers you wit words n tries to manipulate u to get wat they desire.... selfish n ignorance heartless fuk dat thats an easy termination... it suks it takes time for answers for the conclusion but those are risk of life n it always goin to be ur teacher. key word "EXPERIENCES".......
    Last edited by Banjee; 07-05-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    That textspeak guy sounds like a winner.

Maybe he's one of yours, Gretchen.
    Yeah, especially that last quote about how the "World cup is turnin out like World War2". That one is just factually inaccurate! Seriously though. I LOVE it when he has a reason to use the word "together" in his status - he spells it "2geva".

Quote Originally Posted by Loca View Post
    my friend is a philosopher yo: never believe in someone that showers you wit words n tries to manipulate u to get wat they desire.... selfish n ignorance heartless fuk dat thats an easy termination... it suks it takes time for answers for the conclusion but those are risk of life n it always goin to be ur teacher. key word "EXPERIENCES".......
    Wow! That's, like, totally deep and thought provoking and everything!

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    My current antagonizer is actually a family member, which is why I haven't removed her from my friend list. She is from New Hampshire, lives in Jersey, and yet nearly all her status updates are written in Jamaican Patois. You aren't Jamaican. I know you identify deeply with the culture, but come on. You're a white girl from New Hampshire. (A few months ago she was talking with a family member we hadn't seen in about fifteen years and going on about how hard it was being half black in her part of Jersey, because she was so discriminated against, and it took all my strength to not roll my eyes right out of my head.)
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.