Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4

Talking iPhone 4

I can't help being excited. Pre-orders began today for the black model. The white model will be available at a later date.

Is anyone else going to get one?

I have tried friends' Droid phones and I just don't think they run as smoothly as my iPhone. I would be lost without my phone for work. I do so much web-based stuff and e-mail on the go that it's become my most-used tool. I rarely carry my laptop anywhere now.

I was going for the HTC Desire but then iPhone4 was announced with multitasking. I need a new phone, but not ASAP so I can wait a month or so, but still I really don't know what I should go for.

I am actually wanting to get a new Crackberry from work.

I think I am going to get one. My contract renews in September, so I'll see what the initial reviews are like.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I lost my iphone about a month ago, which is still killing me so I'm torn between replacing it with a 3GS (cheaper) or getting the new, snazzy, beautiful iphone 4, which I'm totally won over by already.

I'll be getting it. It will replace my old first generation one who has a crappy screen and can't be updated whatsoever due to some hack. I love its looks and also the much clearer screen!

I still have a year left on my 3GS contract, so I won't be getting it. Hopefully when my contract is up, there will be a new one!

--

Oh, crap. I just checked and I AM eligible for an upgrade. Oh, no! MUST NOT SPEND MONEY. MUST NOT SPEND MONEY.
    Last edited by JayPeaches; 06-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    Oh, crap. I just checked and I AM eligible for an upgrade. Oh, no! MUST NOT SPEND MONEY. MUST NOT SPEND MONEY.
    Haha! I'm in the same boat. Eligible and wanting, but I shouldn't spend the money. (I'm still on the first generation and it has treated me very well!)

Yeah, that's the thing. I love my 3GS and really don't have any complaints about it (well, I have a couple, but nothing worth ditching it over). It still feels so new to me! It's really hard to justify the expense of a new phone, I also know that anytime Apple launches something new it's generally fucking awesome. They improve on things you didn't even know need improving!

I'm an Apple tech, so I'm generally pretty cynical about first builds because I always end up dealing with the problems from early adopters. I waited until the 3GS to even get an iPhone at all. But I'm not gonna lie, I want it this one. Now. Luckily, I still have a year left on the contract and no funding for school next year so fear of homelessness will keep me away from one.

Kristen, check your contract...I still have a year left on mine but I'm eligible for an upgrade. I'm certain a signed a two-year contract at the onset, but apparently as long as I sign another one I'm eligible.

AT&T moved the upgrades up by as much as sixth months. Basically, anyone who bought a 3GS in 2009 is now eligible (I think). They are also giving credits to people who bought a 3GS within the last couple months.

^ That makes me think that the phones are going to open up to other carriers soon. I feel like AT&T wants to lock in as many people as they can before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathan View Post
    ^ That makes me think that the phones are going to open up to other carriers soon. I feel like AT&T wants to lock in as many people as they can before that happens.
    That would be my guess as well. AT&T's exclusivity was rumored to end as early as November 2010 and rumors have gotten louder and louder regarding a Verizon version of iPhone.

Hmm. Well, I don't really see me switching back to Verizon even if that happens. The only reason I might consider it is for the free calls within the Verizon network (all my friends seem to be on Verizon), but I'm not even using 400 minutes a month as it is...I have like a cajillion rollover minutes.

HOWEVER, this does mean I can buy T (who's on Verizon) an iPhone, or let him use my 3GS if I sign a new contract for the iPhone 4!